Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

True bottom of the barrel stuff would be when we have poisoned all the relationships with the young talent we have invested all our draft capital into and see them leave for peanuts.

A horrible hypothetical like: TT decides to leave at years end, after some bravado from Brady, we accept an end of second round pick and a 4th rounder for him, we hear a bunch of crap saying that the deal represents value for North, TT goes to Richmond a happy camper, and in his first game kicks 4 goals with 25 possessions and becomes the tiger’s best player.

That would be rock-bottom.

10pm July 2nd, 2022.

North Melbourne 32. Geelong 144.

Our 11th straight loss of 47+ points and our 45th loss in 52 games. Without doubt the lowest point in the last 50 years of our club’s great history.

There may be more 100 point losses to come, but I think after the previous seven weeks, and especially today, we have plenty of reason to believe that the worst is over.

Hey good news, I think we've finally arrived.

oh well

Nicki Minaj GIF by 2022 MTV Video Music Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m weirdly not phased by any of this.

Today is a low for football as a whole, but as long as we move on from Clarkson and distance ourselves from his past, then I think this can be a positive day for the club.

Come back to me if players like Logue and Clark don’t get over the line and JHF requests a trade, but I don’t think this impacts us too much. Hopefully we can get Peter Bell in and he can do for us what we did for Fremantle.

It sucks that hawks will have zero ramifications in terms of major staff or players leaving or staying. This majorly impacts north. Even without clarko starting at the club. All the hope we had is evaporated. This could be club killing, at least for the short term. Rock bottom may not have come just yet unfortunately

I’m weirdly not phased by any of this.

Today is a low for football as a whole, but as long as we move on from Clarkson and distance ourselves from his past, then I think this can be a positive day for the club.

Come back to me if players like Logue and Clark don’t get over the line and JHF requests a trade, but I don’t think this impacts us too much. Hopefully we can get Peter Bell in and he can do for us what we did for Fremantle.

I wish I was like you, I am devastated. We could end up without a coach, football manager, we have no CEO or recruiters.
If the above scenario does eventuate, why the heck would anyone want to come to us or stay for that matter.

It doesn't get much worse than this imo.

It sucks that hawks will have zero ramifications in terms of major staff or players leaving or staying. This majorly impacts north. Even without clarko starting at the club. All the hope we had is evaporated. This could be club killing, at least for the short term. Rock bottom may not have come just yet unfortunately

They might not have staff ramifications.

But I think they will have some AFL penalties levelled at them that could rival the Essendon scandal. Not to mention the exposure to litigation and criminal charges.

I wish I was like you, I am devastated. We could end up without a coach, football manager, we have no CEO or recruiters.
If the above scenario does eventuate, why the heck would anyone want to come to us or stay for that matter.

It's pretty diabolical.

I think there's quite a bit to play out re the Clarko situation but it needs to happen quickly.

I said this in another thread, but Alastair Clarkson was only a big name until we started playing football. I’m not sure people are still as excited to play for Clarkson if we win six games next year.

His goodwill extended to round one and hopefully we’ve already cashed in as much of it as we can.

I’m crossing my fingers for Peter Bell, as I’d trust him to build a football department from the ground up.

I said this in another thread, but Alastair Clarkson was only a big name until we started playing football. I’m not sure people are still as excited to play for Clarkson if we win six games next year.

His goodwill extended to round one and hopefully we’ve already cashed in as much of it as we can.

I’m crossing my fingers for Peter Bell, as I’d trust him to build a football department from the ground up.

Why do people keep bringing up Peter Bell?

He wants to stay at and is happy at Freo, has said as much. He is still filthy over the Greg Miller's handling of his contract 20 + years ago and has no interest in our club.

He isn't coming. End of story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back