Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve been Stockholm-syndromed into believing we’re a lowly organisation that doesn’t deserve success, whose rebuild must take more than 5 years.

Don’t expect anything, guys.

Meanwhile, GWS and all their friends turn their club around and become contenders in less than a year.
That’s not for us.
We are not allowed.
Cabbage water and stale bread forever.

GWS played in a grand final in 2019, with players such as

Kelly
Greene
Ward
Coniglio
Taylor
Whitfield
Himmelberg
Daniels

They also had Cameron, Taranto, hopper, Williams that left for one or more first round picks.

Now compare their senior players to our senior players

I’ll probably take that advice. This is not the same organisation that I began supporting. Hasn’t been for two decades.

*edit: it’s not a miracle to expect better than, what was it..? 12 goals in a row against us? A team we defeated last year, it’s worth repeating.
Take a rest.

It wasn’t our god given right to win yesterday. The Freo of yesterday are not the Freo of 2023.

Get over it. We had a terrible quarter and we lost the game. It won’t be the last time that happens this year.

Im not sure how many times it needs repeating, youngest and least experienced list in the comp. s**t like yesterday will continue to happen until players get experience.

If yesterday was what broke you then you must have been comatosed during the Noble years.

It can't get any worse surely, so yes it is.

I still believe more harsher calls need to be made on certain players and staff.

Take a rest.

It wasn’t our god given right to win yesterday. The Freo of yesterday are not the Freo of 2023.

Get over it. We had a terrible quarter and we lost the game. It won’t be the last time that happens this year.

Im not sure how many times it needs repeating, youngest and least experienced list in the comp. s**t like yesterday will continue to happen until players get experience.

If yesterday was what broke you then you must have been comatosed during the Noble years.

We gave up a 5 goal lead, completely capitulated.

Sh*t like yesterday? Yes it was sh*t. And it will continue to happen when fans roll over like the submissive dog our team has become and accept it.

Enjoy 👍🏼

Sh*t like yesterday? Yes it was sh*t. And it will continue to happen when fans roll over like the submissive dog our team has become and accept it.

Enjoy 👍🏼
You're right. If we get angry enough somehow that will change what happens on field. How could I have missed that?

And you’ve got your head in the sand. Yesterday was not acceptable

Firstly, let’s address your hyperbole.

Within the last 20 years we’ve played in 3 prelims. So in those years was the club “not the club you started to support”. Or is it only the club you “started to support” when we win a flag?

Second, we didn’t give up 12 goals in a row. It was 9 goals in a row. You were 33% off.

So, now back to reality.

How do I have my head in the sand? Because im not resorting to hyperbole to inflate the “bad news” to prove a point?

So what happens when an “unacceptable” result such as yesterday happens?

• do we fold the club?
  • drop the whole team?
  • forfeit next week?
  • or does Spud11 just give up?

If you want to give up, that’s your right.

It hurts only winning 9 out of 70 odd games or whether it is. I understand.

And our lowly finishes aren’t what I as a north supporter am accustomed to. We went for years finishing mid table with 10 or so wins.

I didn’t expect it would be so hard for us to climb off the bottom.

I didn’t expect that we would be so far off winning a game for so long.

But im not going to give up, and i expect the players aren’t either.

One thing I do know is that we are the youngest team/list in the comp.

And we have a collection of young top end talent that is head and shoulders above any period since the early 90’s.

But again Spud11, you do what you need to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy 👍🏼

Capitulated?

Nah that's part of our highly strategic game plan I assume, considering how often it's happened.

I nearly put a bet on Freo winning at half time as our senior players always fold up when the heat comes.

Firstly, let’s address your hyperbole.

Within the last 20 years we’ve played in 3 prelims. So in those years was the club “not the club you started to support”. Or is it only the club you “started to support” when we win a flag?

Second, we didn’t give up 12 goals in a row. It was 9 goals in a row. You were 33% off.

So, now back to reality.

How do I have my head in the sand? Because im not resorting to hyperbole to inflate the “bad news” to prove a point?

So what happens when an “unacceptable” result such as yesterday happens?

• do we fold the club?
  • drop the whole team?
  • forfeit next week?
  • or does Spud11 just give up?

If you want to give up, that’s your right.

It hurts only winning 9 out of 70 odd games or whether it is. I understand.

And our lowly finishes aren’t what I as a north supporter am accustomed to. We went for years finishing mid table with 10 or so wins.

I didn’t expect it would be so hard for us to climb off the bottom.

I didn’t expect that we would be so far off winning a game for so long.

But im not going to give up, and i expect the players aren’t either.

One thing I do know is that we are the youngest team/list in the comp.

And we have a collection of young top end talent that is head and shoulders above any period since the early 90’s.

But again Spud11, you do what you need to.

Giving up is precisely what they did yesterday, and it’s not in anyone’s interest to accept it.

They gave up?

Last qrt stats (reality)

North 2.5

Freo 3.2

Possession 46% north 36% freo

Halfway through the last qrt the inside 50’s were 12 - 2 our way.

Is that “giving up”?

10 goal turnaround, gave up a 5 goal lead.
The fact that we showed a bit of pluck when it was too late… eh 🤷‍♂️

I was out, saw the score, got back for 2nd half and knew this would happen. Knew it!

It’s not even our youngsters, they get a leave pass to some extent - it’s the middle tier, older players that need to be more clutch and lead the way.
There was very little to stem the tide. It was so predictable.

Please don’t think there is any anger here. I just think it’s time to expect more. We’ve been pretty patient.

It can't get any worse surely, so yes it is.

I still believe more harsher calls need to be made on certain players and staff.
Everyone believes that, including those in charge at the club. You can't turf the entire club in 1-2 off seasons.

Well past rock bottom now (which for me was when we lost to Geelong down at the scummery a couple of years ago by over 100 points).
I’m really interested to see how clarko manages over the next few weeks. Feel like we may lose our first 5. Really important he can stick to our game plan and ensure the players remain positive

What do we do then as supporters?

Stop turning up? That'll help I'm sure

A stern email to Sonja Hood?

Type out angry posts on internet forums?

Deliver a truck load of chicken to the club?

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not sure, but the “blind positivity” thing hasn’t really worked either has it?

Take a rest.

Do you wholeheartedly trust the people in charge to get us competitive by 2026/27? And if so, why?

What do we do then as supporters?

Stop turning up? That'll help I'm sure

Hard to show up each week being guaranteed a loss - and I say that as someone who does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back