Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to say it but this post has all the hallmarks of Geelong falling off a cliff.
it’ll be interesting to see who can develop talent Clarko, Simpson or Lyon. We might get a idea who’s a better coach.
They've won 5 flags between them - one has won 4.

I'm betting the bloke with 4 might be the better Coach.

I bet they’ve already got a succession plan in place and ain’t about to dump all nine in one off-season.
Good run clubs and all that.
🤷‍♂️
Saints will have ten over 30 and have 12 points to their name. 2/3s of thier points from beating us and Richmond .

Now I'm not saying we're flash. Just would rather be in our position. A little bit of research will show that. I tend to research before I post.
Unless it's an obvious shitmen. Then no need.
Just sayin

NM 2023 vs 2024 to date:

Inside 50’s: -6%
DE Inside 50: -6%
Good Entries: -13%
Marks Inside 50: -1%

NM 2024 vs SYD 2024

Inside 50’s: -26%
DE Inside 50’s: -23%
Good Entries: - 54%
Marks Inside 50: -37%

Absolute miles off the pace and getting worse - not better.

NM 2023 vs 2024 to date:

Inside 50’s: -6%
DE Inside 50: -6%
Good Entries: -13%
Marks Inside 50: -1%

NM 2024 vs SYD 2024

Inside 50’s: -26%
DE Inside 50’s: -23%
Good Entries: - 54%
Marks Inside 50: -37%

Absolute miles off the pace and getting worse - not better.
Shhh 🤫
You will offend the “Clarko knows best “ supporters 🤐

Not going to go over the lists of WCE and the Saints and Richmond and a couple of others.

I will though say I’d rather our list than theirs. So what, one, two , three or four wins. That is a worse position to be in. Especially if you have older stars playing which we clearly don’t.
Some Eagles fans think this current list is a finals smokey.

“Why are you celebrating”?
Mateo Dont Get It GIF by Superstore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly pray this does not happen, even horrific Melbourne didn’t suffer that fate, also if LDU leaves that will give us picks 1 and 2 surely we can’t stuff that up as well

LDU is still has another year to go on his contract. If he does leave it’ll be for a club in contention so we’d be lucky to get a top 10 pick (plus a future 1st).

No point letting him leave at the end of the year, be better off holding him to his contract and getting FA compo, or even better convincing him to stay.

LDU is still has another year to go on his contract. If he does leave it’ll be for a club in contention so we’d be lucky to get a top 10 pick (plus a future 1st).

No point letting him leave at the end of the year, be better off holding him to his contract and getting FA compo, or even better convincing him to stay.
That...

Its a metaphor. To cross the abyss is to go thru the worst shit you can imagine and emerge stronger.
My metaphor is we have a deep chasm to climb out of, and one more slip up will have us free falling down a bottomless pit.
There is no rock bottom, its either climb or fall to the end.

But I'm a pessimist. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back