Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the lowest I’ve felt about my team since Fitzroy folded.
The last two matches I couldn’t even bring myself to watch all the way through, and that is something I’ve always done if time was available.
Embarrassed for my children they support this club at the moment.
I feel exactly the same way mate. Sort of feeling guilty for instilling the North passion in my kids at the moment. This is a terrible thing to say but I don't even wear my North cap when I go outside for a walk, I'm paranoid that people are laughing at the loser in the North colours. Really dark times at the moment, I'll try and keep the faith because we have Sheez, George, Charlie, McKercher and Powell. But if we were to lose any of them it would be really grim I think.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the lowest I’ve felt about my team since Fitzroy folded.
The last two matches I couldn’t even bring myself to watch all the way through, and that is something I’ve always done if time was available.
Embarrassed for my children they support this club at the moment.
This club has been so bad for so long, I am now at the point of not caring any more. Life is happier if you don't invest your emotions in this club. Its great therapy to find another hobby then watch this team. Gardening and walking the dog are better ways to spend your time, these days.

I was only being scraping at the bottom of the barrel for our small wins, but interesting - so far we’ve got George and maybe Sheezel?

Yes that's the part that worries me. We spent 2017 - 2021 going all in on mids and it's likely our best will leave, our next best has a history of soft tissue injuries, and our next best after that was drafted as a half forward and has only properly proven themselves at half back.

Concerning, but I've felt a lot better about our situation once I came to accept that we're at rebuild 3.0, starting with the 2022 draft class. Anyone who comes on from drafts before that one is a bonus.

The positive for TP is that he's the only one of the pre-2022 young mids who has shown they can be competent on a flank.

It is going to get a lot worse until after the bye. Heavy losses to * and Poort in succession will really start to test people's patience.

Can only imagine how people will be feeling if we come off the break and lose convincingly to WC.

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Iasif GIF by hamlet

Who knows, but this feels like North every week. We are finding new depths as the season rolls on.

I feel exactly the same way mate. Sort of feeling guilty for instilling the North passion in my kids at the moment. This is a terrible thing to say but I don't even wear my North cap when I go outside for a walk, I'm paranoid that people are laughing at the loser in the North colours. Really dark times at the moment, I'll try and keep the faith because we have Sheez, George, Charlie, McKercher and Powell. But if we were to lose any of them it would be really grim I think.
The real loser is the one laughing at the person in North colours (or which team is doing badly at the time). It's just a game and outside of the players, we're just all spectators.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back