Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know were losing to WC lol

Yeah that's my gut feel too unfortunately, but I wouldn't be surprised if some are subconsciously clinging onto the faint glimmer of hope for a potential win that game. The week after might get a little ugly around here.

I'll still likely fall into the post-bye optimism in the lead up though after a refreshing week off from the mental torture.

Round 17 when,still winless, we play gold Coast in front of 6000 at Marvel and not hampered by slippery conditions they beat us by 20 goals.

In the last quarter will be less than 2000 in ground.

That might be actual rock bottom.

The real loser is the one laughing at the person in North colours (or which team is doing badly at the time). It's just a game and outside of the players, we're just all spectators.

But I thought my team reflected on me? I thought when they win, I can walk taller as if I’ve achieved something myself. You’re telling me that’s not the case?

As a kid the only games I remember being embarrassed about were 1̶9̶9̶8̶ and the 2000 prelim.
Proud to be a Roo for the whole Laidley era, esp. 05 and 07.
Happy (but expected more) during the Scott era.

But now?
Every week can go get *******

But I thought my team reflected on me? I thought when they win, I can walk taller as if I’ve achieved something myself. You’re telling me that’s not the case?
The team will definitely reflect on me when we start winning and competing again. I have a deep memory bank of who in my circle needs a mouth full when we next beat them. Fully prepared to have my head kicked in.

Cant wait!

We hit rock bottom when we got absolutely done at GMHBA in 2022. That was the lowest point. When we lost our list management team then had to sack Noble a few weeks later. That was it.

We haven't climbed up much since, but when we have the least capable lineup of experienced players, it's no surprise we're still so far down. Can't do much about it other than let the guys in the footy dept go to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 4 year old son had his Auskick session on Saturday. Later that day I told him we lost again and reminded him we haven’t won a game yet; his response was blunt - “maybe they need to go back to Auskick, dad”!

Taking it all the way back to Auskick is as ‘rock bottom’ as it gets.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
We hit rock bottom when we got absolutely done at GMHBA in 2022. That was the lowest point. When we lost our list management team then had to sack Noble a few weeks later. That was it.

We haven't climbed up much since, but when we have the least capable lineup of experienced players, it's no surprise we're still so far down. Can't do much about it other than let the guys in the footy dept go to work.
Good post but the 10 goal losses need to become a rarity.

I thought we hit rock bottom early 2021 but I was wrong.

A team that is full of players who can't execute basic skills, don't play as a team and can't carry out the game plan.

Is this as rock bottom as we're going to get and things will start clicking soon or is there worse to come?
F*** April 26th, 2022.

How can anyone trust that the club can get itself out of this mess?

I think rock bottom would be 23 losses this season, Clarko leaves , several contracted and uncontracted players want out and Dani Laidley signs on as coach under the guidance of Paul Roos as a consultant.
Laidleys team always had spirit and fight. That would be a welcome sight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back