Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think rock bottom would be 23 losses this season, Clarko leaves , several contracted and uncontracted players want out and Dani Laidley signs on as coach under the guidance of Paul Roos as a consultant.
The players went in their shell after a Nobel spray, Laidley would bring them back to pre-school and genuinely make them wet themselves after a spray.

My brother died this morning. One form of pain is somewhat numbing the other. With all sincerity I say that this year can officially go get ****ed.
Sorry to hear that. I lost my best friend 2 weeks ago. The death of a loved one certainly puts everything else in perspective. My sincere condolences to you and yours.

My brother died this morning. One form of pain is somewhat numbing the other. With all sincerity I say that this year can officially go get ****ed.
Mate I'm so sorry. The day after fracturing a vertebrae. Puts footy in proper perspective, that's for sure. All the best to you and your family.

Condolences for your loss, be kind to yourself in this time, for youself and family.

Another instance showing football is just a thing. There are more important things than this stupid game.

I think rock bottom would be 23 losses this season, Clarko leaves , several contracted and uncontracted players want out and Dani Laidley signs on as coach under the guidance of Paul Roos as a consultant.
Geezus, I reckon that we might be staring down the barrel of that prospect. At least we can add it to our list of record losses and spectacular failures since 2016. 🙄 As far as I am concerned if Essendon hand our arses to us this weekend then our humiliation will be complete.

On the bright side, my credit card is due to renew next month. I won't be giving any details of the new card to the Membership Department when they come ringing in February. Instead I will give them the option of sending me an invoice with a bank account that I can make a direct money transfer to. But I am not giving them the opportunity to auto renew my membership this year or ever again. 👍😉

Also we do have to consider North Melbourne to actually be the strongest team in the AFL ATM ... Because we're holding up the whole damn ladder.

Last edited:
We are not anywhere near ****ed, in fact we are doing well finally for once. We've been ****ed over for the last 20, at the very least, we are doing what's needed to rebuild the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez mate, so sorry to read that. Sincere condolences from my family to yours. All the best with the vertebrae fracture as well.

I think I can say as North Melbourne supporters/ members we are all thinking of you and just know that our thoughts are so with you! I'm talking for every Kangaroo poster even guys/girls that don't get along the best with other posters, death is just so sh*t and we should band together and think of kind thoughts to you and hearing this yes 2024 is turning into a year to forget, but please keep your chin up and remember the good times.

Real Housewives No GIF
Sorry For Your Loss GIF
On the football front I see/hear our supporters and what they are saying, but as unbelievable as it sounds it will turn around and as lots of posters will disagree, Clarko is not tired/under pressure, with what we have at the moment, he knows what he is doing, we are going to bring in some mature players to help the kids in this years trade/ free agency and probably pick the minimum three players in the draft, maybe four, depending who we take off our list at the end of the year, and as I said a few times there will not be a cleanout as some think there will be, stability and patience will rule our decisions this year.

STOP SOOKING, Za will take the pain away, We will listen to JUICE WRLD!!! All bops are the same... :disappointed: sad-bart-simpsons-psychedelic-art-too5g1ck7nx2knsm.jpg

I don't get the point of lamenting JHF not being there, he never wanted to be there in the first place. Would've left at the end of last year anyway, even if he hung around post 22.
Didn't do our due diligence there. Should've taken the criticism and either taken Callaghan or traded pick 1 to the highest bidder. Tarryn is the orchestrator of his own demise.

Let it go, only making yourselves more miserable. And if we had JHF, then we don't have George

I don't get the point of lamenting JHF not being there, he never wanted to be there in the first place. Would've left at the end of last year anyway, even if he hung around post 22.
Didn't do our due diligence there. Should've taken the criticism and either taken Callaghan or traded pick 1 to the highest bidder. Tarryn is the orchestrator of his own demise.

Let it go, only making yourselves more miserable. And if we had JHF, then we don't have George

Yep, you have to just not follow AFL in any depth

Yep, you have to just not follow AFL in any depth
There's just no point lamenting what could or should've been. They're either former or never were North players.

Focus on what we do have and how we get better. Don't get stuck on what if's, worry about what decisions the club makes from here to improve the culture and playing list.

Guaranteed we don’t finish last this year. We’ll beat Richmond at Marvel and finish 0.5% ahead of them on %.

And like Rnd 24 vs Suns last year, we will get to sing the theme song and marvel at our progress.
Neither here nor there to be honest. Both Trainor and Smillie fill list needs and there's no chance Zurhaar gets band 1 compo. So only getting one of them anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back