Is this the end of the Greens? 9% and falling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Frydenburg really has lost all credibility in the energy debate now. Its fine having a position against renewables but his blatant opportunism in trying to desperately link renewables to the blackout, and then later admitting that it had nothing to do with renewables, calls his ability to remain rational and open minded into question.

Never have I seen more politicians from various parties desperately trying to talk up how bad a simple storm was.

Every storm we get must now be labelled some sort of record. 140kph gusts are 70knts on the old scale. Gale force GUSTS. That's what Sydney gets during a nasty southerly change in summer.
Does the entire state of Qld get wiped out everytime there's a lowest category cyclone rolls thru somewhere ?
I notice Adelaide had 38mm of rain to 9am this morning. That's only like an inch and a half isnt it ? That's bad is it ?:huh:

Bearing in mind that having a qtr million lightning strikes a month is nothing unusual...why is 80K over two days anything I should be seeing on the evening news ?
Reminds me of when they reported the "staggering" news that there were now 80 fires blazing across NSW...but forgot to mention 70 is normal every day.

Once in 50yrs ?..are they qualifying their sensationalism by reminding people that is only for the month of September ? Hows about October ?

A simple storm doesn't shut down a state's entire grid...except in SA. However, a lot of politicians NEED it to have done exactly that though.
I assume somewhere in your post your are saying Greens support action on climate change = Greens bad as no such thing exists and of course you can support all your claims as I really can't see where you post fits in with regard to thread title.

Look at you go all paranoid and stuff.

If the wake up calls weren't already there, if the inquiry didn't outline the problems enough, if the common sense response to this doesn't make a mark...then you risk a kneejerk reaction from the people. I don't think the current SA gumment nor Greens wish for that outcome.

There is something not right about the SA grid. Perhaps the transition to renewables is simply getting ahead of itself and the infrastructure needs to catch up.

I haven't seen anyone other than nutters wanting to put an end to the transition, but unfortunately this type of shitstorm can cause negative responses and ANGER.

When you see so many vested interest pollies not wanting to recognise a problem, and running for the excuse book, you know they are panicking.

From what I can see it wasn't even a truly bad storm by comparision to the rest of the country. So why are they so desperate to label it such ?

An entire state shuts down due to a couple of towers down ? in a storm that would hardly rate the news in Qld or Nthn NSW ?
Someone must be desperate to polish a turd.

That is beside the point. It is the desperate attempt to link this storm to renewables before any inquiry or facts are known as to the cause of the blackout which makes him look a complete goose.

Latest pic of Adelaide living the Utopian Green power dream.

14502963_1243683812339667_7143736344651976277_n.jpg

Frydenburg really has lost all credibility in the energy debate now. Its fine having a position against renewables but his blatant opportunism in trying to desperately link renewables to the blackout, and then later admitting that it had nothing to do with renewables, calls his ability to remain rational and open minded into question.
Maybe they should legislate some policy on oil security as we don't hold any reserves instead of trying for political mileage on extreme weather.
The lack empathy for the people of SA is unsurprising from some posters and the Nats and Libs.

That is beside the point. It is the desperate attempt to link this storm to renewables before any inquiry or facts are known as to the cause of the blackout which makes him look a complete goose.
What i saw was a desperate attempt by pollies of all persuasions to link this ridiculous situation to whatever was convenient and suited their politics and parties.

The issue though is there must be something inherently wrong with the SA grid system to have caused a STATEWIDE blackout off the back of a simple storm.

What we don't need is moronic Greens like Bandt trying to spruik climate change as the reason, or luddites like Joyce trying to blame renewables. Meanwhile the bloke at the heart of the problem Wetherill, was absolutely desperate to call on any record like "once in 50yr" bullshit, or "unprecedented".

The problem is that we have already had an inquiry, we have had experts and pollies throwing this around and the SA guvment was warned.

It can be as simple as infrastructure needing a statewide overhaul....what SA residents don't need is blamegame.

There is nothing wrong with sticking it out there as a leader in the renewables push...but if something aint right with the grid then it must be dealt with.

The so called "towers" I saw down on the news look like they were built with matchsticks. Gusts of 60knts aint exactly "unprecedented" or 50 year s**t. The news might be desperate to run with sensationalised crap like that, but the people wont swallow it.

Last edited:
Cheap energy over Green energy. SA is deep in recession, electricity must be cheap and reliable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remarkable isn't it? Time, and again privatisation has been a proven disaster, and yet still the narrative that it's the best way forward is pushed.

lol.

Average prices have gone up more over the last few years in NSW and Qld than elsewhere.

People really do talk some utter nonsense about privatisation, as if public servants and militant unions are somehow capable of effectively running a large complex business in a cost effective manner.

Rainbows and unicorns.

lol.

Average prices have gone up more over the last few years in NSW and Qld than elsewhere.

People really do talk some utter nonsense about privatisation, as if public servants and militant unions are somehow capable of effectively running a large complex business in a cost effective manner.

Rainbows and unicorns.

And Victoria, long privatised, has the highest prices on average nationally. Thank you Jeff.

There is no correlation between electricity prices and privatisation. Prices are mostly driven by transmission costs, which have little relevance to ownership structure.

There is no correlation between electricity prices and privatisation. Prices are mostly driven by transmission costs, which have little relevance to ownership structure.

Rubbish.

Some of us are old enough to remember the SEC. Costs then were incredibly cheap but, the infrastructure was generally maintained very well (particularly after Ash Wednesday).

Now we have costly electricity and poorly maintained infrastructure. What a joke.

If anyone has a non-bundled bill they would realise this

I think that's half the issue. That everything is bundled for residential, they just assume it's all the retailer making the money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back