Is this the end of Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Sluggers Blues

Debutant
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
You would think with all the new young on ballers coming into the team that Thomas will struggle to get game time.

Graham would be another one I would think,when I pick my starting team for next year I cannot even find a spot on the bench for either of them.It is a bit of a pity even though I think injuries and the game have gone past Thomas he does give you a150percent effort and Graham was never up to it either as a extractor or the link up player.

We must play the kids even if they are not performing at the peak of there abilities game time and experience is vital goings forward.

That's my opinion what is yours and tell me where you would play them.

Rowe and Silvagni are another couple who I would not play at all,as they are both predominantly back men and for them to play u will have to leave out Weitering ,Plowman Marchbank and they are the future Jones until or if he stuffs up that is enough talls we need some good smalls.

Nah mate, he's an extrovert and all that and brings so much to the table off-field.

To be frank it would be good for the list if he is pushed out by the end of the year but would still be handy depth.

Also we need him to arrange mad monday.

Daisy is worth more on the field than Graham.

Even though both should not be considered best 22 in 2018 and if they are it is worrying times.

Go through all the possible options on our list and he might play a game or two early but can't see him playing much more than that. List is so much better than last season and there are too many kids that need to play. We've also added ready to go players in Kennedy Lang Mullett Garlett Shaw O'Shea. Dow & O'Brien will also play a lot of football. Where does hit fit in?

His role will be mostly leadership in the reserves and I'm sure he is aware of that

Last edited:
I expect Thomas to play 8-14 games this year if fully fit. Less if injured.

He adds experience to a side devoid of expierence and that cant be overlooked. And can still do the odd good thing pinch hitting on a forward flank.

We have more than last season. Murphy Curnow Kruezer Jones Simpson Casboult Wright ASOS Mullett Lang are all experienced players. Weitering Charlie Kennedy Silvagni Plowman Marchbank Cripps Byrne Cuningham are 3 or more years in the system and will step up. With all the kids we need to play we have easily enough experience in our best side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like it has more to do with the younger guys mindset - if 2 or 3 of them come out of their shells and start organising on the field and provide more leadership - that reduces the need for Daisy and Wright.

I expect Thomas to play 8-14 games this year if fully fit. Less if injured.

He adds experience to a side devoid of expierence and that cant be overlooked. And can still do the odd good thing pinch hitting on a forward flank.

Id be asking serious questions about player development if Daisy is projected to play up to two thirds of season 2018 in your assessment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back