Is this the season that we’ve needed to have?

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

We’ve been sold the ‘mini rebuild’ on the run snake oil for the last couple of seasons by trying to acquire DeGoey/Heeney/Dusty/Gaff on big coin as our blue chip shot at the flag.

Even the hype around trading/drafting in 2018 was sold to us as never beaten and yet here we are in spoon territory.

No wonder the masses are calling for Scotts resignation, he’s been exposed for offering us the world and giving us an Atlas..

I was annoyed yesterday as I felt we deserved the win. Kicked poorly, Geelong kicked quite a few out of nowhere and we got a very tough run from the umps IMO. That said, the result is arguably for the best still long term. The club from board down need a massive, massive shakeup and this gets us closer. We could also use a couple more draft picks that aren't in the 30+ range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tis' the season for new player reasons, and some kids playing with the ins and the staples.

Ever eaten a sandwich made by a four-year-old? Too much mustard or green tomato pickle in parts. Cheese not spread evenly. Shaved ham not torn put placed in great clumps. Slices of pickles piled up in one spot.
After a few times of eating the sandwich maker is drawn to more careful preparation so that the spread is more wise.

I think scott will stay now he is playing kids. I assume that was something that he had to agree to with Buckley. Don't forget that Buckley was there as a player McCann, Lisle, Dwyer, McDonald etc. (No research just vibe and memory) holding spots when inadequate at best.

May have lost my mind but I will put money on us for a flag next year. May be foolhardy but we will have a good list with only minor changes at best to twenty-two personel that has not happened for the past three years.
This of course relies on our players being trained more to win contested footy. Glad TT had started forward as I think he will help that confidence. You can see Larkey undaunted and he has a role that is hard to coach given the variety of situations he had to deal with.

Anyone who has played footy knows that when you are confident that if you kick it near one of your forwards you are a good chance, as opposed to second guessing yourself and trying (under pressure) to create perfect. I hope we continue and play like our nineties years. It was not just Carey but most of the other players believing they would win contests. If not, a mate was there to chop them out at the fall of the ball.

Understanding each other inspires confidence in each other's intent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back