Opinion Is this the worst North team ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been fairly lucky tbh because I was 9 in 77 and then 28 in 96 so missed all the abysmal rubbish years. My Dad remembers them well through the 50-60’s. He never got a seat to a GF until I scored one seat in 99. That was a highlight.

I reckon I dropped off going and watching much around 87-92. Occasional games here and there due to study and part time work but when I did go we usually had losses that I have posted about over the years. But at least you went expecting a competitive effort.

So yes. Worst ever team for me and I can’t wait for the season to end so I can forget about them but only have the summer expectations built up again by all the so called training experts highlighting how we are training down the house only to be smashed in the opening round

Last edited:
Mediocre lists with no young talent. I think we are in better shape “list wise” than we were in the mid 2000’s. Just because we are losing doesn’t mean the list is no good, theres loads of talent in our current list. I reckon its up there with the most talent ive seen in a list since the 90’s.

Factors of young, immature and rudderless is impacting. Oh plus the GOAT inside mid isn’t in the team.
You should be amongst the other hierarchy at north with those thoughts!

Hi all.
I'm 41 and this current North team is by far the most uncompetitive team i've seen in my lifetime. (started watching footy early 1990s)

For those amongst us that are older and can remember much further back than I can, have we ever been worse than this? I acknowledge injuries have really hurt us too.

If so, which year would you identify as being at our very worst? This year or another year/period?

Lloyd
By far the worst performing team minus a couple of long time servants.

Would it be any better to be the sixth worst North team? Probably, not. We are plumbing the depts right now, though. We’ve only a few more rounds of Purgatory left this season. Hopefully, we don’t go to Hell next season. Or, are we in Hell already? It certainly feels like it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its by far the worst in my lifetime.
Even under Brad Scott we always bounced back after a bad loss and we were generally a tough side on our day.

The list has holes, its not as bad as we are seeing on the park. The list is building fine. The talent we have on the list right now exceeds that of our 05-06-07 list.

We might have a list that is building.

Fact is though what we are seeing is I think now proven to be the most uncompetitive North team of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should it be this uncompetitive? I don’t agree it should be this bad.

Of course it shouldn't be this bad.

It's an absolute disgrace what we are producing, as I agree we have a (poor but hopefully building) list but it's better than what we are showing.

Fact is though it may well be the worst North team ever, not the worst list mate and we've covered that previously.

I think now yes, we definitely are.

Utterly incompetent when the game is there to be won or lost.

Injuries hurt sure, but we didn't have injuries in other games and still lost anyway and gave up.

We need a change of leadership and asap.

I think now yes, we definitely are.

Utterly incompetent when the game is there to be won or lost.

Injuries hurt sure, but we didn't have injuries in other games and still lost anyway and gave up.

We need a change of leadership and asap.
Just part of the priority pick plan

We’ll get those plus clarko and things will turn quick

I suppose it's kinder on you to believe that this is all part of a grand plan and not actually just how bad we are. I'm sorry to say that you might be surprised just how unplanned this shitness is, on and off field.

Well I bloody hope so.

I'm over losing games we should win, and all the excuses that follow.

We can improve quickly I agree, we just need a platform we can rely upon.

Well all indicators suggest we are.

Yet Souup thinks it's just injuries, unlucky why we are losing.

You wanted to be quoted when referring to posts I read, so I have this time and bring your moronic groupies with you.

If you can convince me that we not a terrible football team (with key players retiring so for every young talent incoming we are losing an old talent outgoing), i'm all for it.

You wanted to be quoted when referring to posts I read, so I have this time and bring your moronic groupies with you.

If you can convince me that we not a terrible football team (with key players retiring so for every young talent incoming we are losing an old talent outgoing), i'm all for it.

Read my latest response. I symphathise with your frustration of late game fadeouts but today there were very clear reasons that were just too difficult to overcome.

I refuse to be dragged into a mud-slinging match with references to popularity, groupies and suggesting people are 'moronic' - we're on a forum here, not high school. If that's the way you like to go about it, go for it. I'd rather try have a civil discussion and let the most convincing argument win out.

Read my latest response. I symphathise with your frustration of late game fadeouts but today there were very clear reasons that were just too difficult to overcome.

I refuse to be dragged into a mud-slinging match with references to popularity, groupies and suggesting people are 'moronic' - we're on a forum here, not high school. If that's the way you like to go about it, go for it. I'd rather try have a civil discussion and let the most convincing argument win out.

How have I not been civil with you?

Yes my position on others here remains whether you like it or not.

I appreciate your reply, thank you.

Mate your game day ramblings designed to incite arguments and drop in various straw man's is beyond exhausting. Thinking injuries impacted performance is both measured and obvious, and doesn't mean people are okay with losing. Did you actually watch the game this week?

Mate your game day ramblings designed to incite arguments and drop in various straw man's is beyond exhausting. Thinking injuries impacted performance is both measured and obvious, and doesn't mean people are okay with losing. Did you actually watch the game this week?

Nothing is designed to do anything - I post what I think at the time.

It is not a structured plan in any way whatsoever. If it's "exhausting", ignore me - it's not difficult.

Can you please contribute to answering the thread title and leave me out of it? I'm over personal attacks, I am who I am, we are all on the same team and yes i'm a harsh critic for sure.

ps; yes I watched it all. We should have won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back