Opinion Is this version of the Bulldogs the best team we've ever had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Beasley
Choco
Purser
Cordys
Daniel’s
Wallis
Hawkins
Les bamblet
Buggie
Foster
Ect ect

yeh great team
but after 10 rds we were 6W4L
we had already dropped games to teams outside the final 5 (the eventual 4th last, 3rd last and 2nd last teams that yearand we lost to the wooden spooner last game before finals)
we matched up great on top 5 teams only losing 2 out of 6 but we werent ruthless and had lapses and huge egos (which cost us a prelim)
i was there it was such a wasted season and the everything fell apart and players left
That team was an illusion , a nostalgic image from the past
It was for many the first time in their lives when their team our team the Mighty Footscray "EastCoast" Bulldogs Dogs were relevant a threat
we walked tall for a few months in winter 85
- THIS IS DYNASTY MATERIAL no comparison

Last edited:
Yes you’re talking to a Geelong supporter about what Essendon Carlton and Richmond do.😏 Before 2007 Geelongs 1963 flag might as well have been 1863 to me. So yeah my point stands about Footscray and you can say the same thing about the “big four” and they’re premierships. Flags won in an era where you could just buy a players from other leagues. No salary cap, no interstate travel. Only 12 teams playing Players going to work five days a week, and training two days a week. Polly Farmer didn’t get to Geelong until well and truly passed his peak.
So the best Ruckman in the country wasn’t even playing in the league for the peak years of his career.. Football then compare to now is “apples and oranges”
That’s why Hawthorn (and I hate to say this is a Geelong supporter) in my mind, are the most successful AFL club.
There body of work from the premiership in the 70s 80’s 2010’s has way more relevance then 16 premierships won over 150 odd years.
Not everyone thinks you’re a troll, what you had to say was quite reasonable. It’s just a bit strange you didn’t head to the Cats board straight up. But looks like you’re a secret or not so secret admirer of the Dogs...

And you’re still up at 4am...

One odd post on the Geelong board, careful, they might think you’re a troll...

Never mind you’ll soon get the hang of Bigfooty 😺

Not everyone thinks you’re a troll, what you had to say was quite reasonable. It’s just a bit strange you didn’t head to the Cats board straight up. But looks like you’re a secret or not so secret admirer of the Dogs...

And you’re still up at 4am...

One odd post on the Geelong board, careful, they might think you’re a troll...

Never mind you’ll soon get the hang of Bigfooty 😺
Yes.. you summed me up pretty well.. If something was making me look like a troll it was down to my ignorance of the website.
I have this sleeping issue, (anxiety) talking about football helps me settle. Getting my focus of life and onto a game seems to really help. So I’m not a troll😏 (or a “crackhead”) I’m just a footy loving insomniac that loves the cats (and likes the dogs) I appreciate your response

I think it was fine for a first post.. much better than your disrespectful reply. It was well constructive enough for you to not be able to respond with anything but that garbage you didn’t attack a single point that I made because you can’t. Like when somebody with no talent Coles an honest critic a hater.. soon as you don’t like something you called I’m a troll, Or bs words like draw man are used.
Not a single one of you attempted to debate me you just took a shot.. pretty weak

You need to recalibrate what you consider to be a fine first post then. You may not be, but take another look at the very first line of your very first post and have a think about why I and others called you a troll.

As for the substance of your post. Nowhere in the op was it argued that this side would win the flag, just that it was the best bulldogs side that he or she had seen. Of course this side hasn't won anything yet, but very few people would argue that it isn't a more complete side on paper than the side that won the premiership in 2016. I would suggest that this is the point of the op.

Im sure you'll get the hang of this place in time, but perhaps the Geelong board is the place for you until then.

Don’t get ahead of yourself.. plenty of teams (st KOODA, north Melbourne, Port have won their first 11 games and looked like a million dollars..only for it to not count for much at the end of the year. Having said that, you’ve only won 2 flags. One was so long ago its not relevant to the conversation, and the other was an amazing month of football to come from the bottom of the eight. So if you win this grand final you will clearly be the greatest Bulldogs team ever. But if you don’t win the grand final.. you’re no better than the 97 Bulldogs.
i’m a Geelong supporter None of those teams in the 90s (that had massive winning streaks and multiple grand final appearances) deserve to even be in the same conversation as that 2007-2011 version. Even last years team last year’s team was better than any team Gary Ablett senior was in.. why? Because unless you win the big one... you’re not in the same stratosphere as a team that did. We performed a lot better in that losing grand final then we did in any of the ones in the 90s. Been five years since your last premiership, so it’s not the same era. This team doesn’t deserve ANY recognition until they do it on grand final day.. and even then can’t claim to be one of the greats until they Atleast win more than one flag in a three year period.. like Bris,Geel,Haw n Rich did.
For what it’s worth.. I think this WILL be the greatest Bulldogs team of all time. That they havent achieved anything significant yet.. and I’m not old enough to know that I’ve heard the 1985 Bulldogs were pretty good too.
Why would you think our first flag is not relevant to the conversation?
People on here understandably arc up when trolls come on here and suspicious of new accounts being trolls but if you intended it in good faith and respectfully I can't see a problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back