Opinion Is this where Carlton drops away?

Are Carlton going to drop away from here?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Pies a game behind Carlton in a year where we were meant to be bottom 2.

And we've already played Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong.

Fantastic, isn't it?

Yep, and Carlton are in the hunt for a top 4 spot in a year where were meant to be winning the spoon (according to you).

Fantastic, isn't it?

Also love how it's gone from "you've played nobody in the top 4" to "you've played nobody in the top 3". Even if we lose to those 3 sides, still gives us a chance for top 4.

Bottom 2? Funny, with the number of experienced players on the park you should be making the 8, but wait till you really bottom out

This is the funny part. The fans think they are in a rebuild. They're fielding one of the most experienced sides every week. Their window is now, and the club knows it which is why they're going to top up with guys like McStay. They know they have an absolute miniscule opportunity to pinch a flag whilst Pendles and co. are still around. Yet they're sitting middle of the road and the fans are jizzing.

They going to be tough to crack when Weitering and Cerra return. Even Pittonet, who is no star but a handy inclusion giving De Koning more time to roam around at each end, it makes them a very likely type heading into September. Probably won't finish top 4 but good luck whoever faces them week 1.

Apologies for having to be the one to break this to you….

You already mortgaged your future getting Martin McGovern and Williams, to name but a small selection of monumental far cups.

I thought you knew.
Hahahahha what draft picks did we give up for them? Haven't lost a player we wanted to keep since.. maybe Henderson. Yeah we're in strife.

Yep. Pies a game behind Carlton in a year where we were meant to be bottom 2.

And we've already played Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong.

Fantastic, isn't it?
There's two or three games between 2 and 11. You're in a crowded field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is winning games and knowing campaigners like Fadge are quietly seething.
Got to enjoy his years punching down on a struggling club in its worst period in history at least.

I can actually see Carlton accelerating once we get some players back.

There were plenty of questions about how we’d hold up in defence over the course of a season but Lewis Young has been an awesome pickup and paired beautifully with Weitering.

Beaten 3 Top 8 sides already - yesterdays win was probably the most impressive.

St Kilda have historically bullied us around the ground, but I can’t see it being the case.

Cats look great and I’m not sure how we will stack up.

Lions and Dees are very beatable.

Top 4 finish is very achievable with a continued run of good form.

Hahahahha what draft picks did we give up for them? Haven't lost a player we wanted to keep since.. maybe Henderson. Yeah we're in strife.
Henderson was a giant pussy.

Doubt the brains trust lost any sleep when he bailed, and then he netted us a Coleman medalist.

Truly the gift that keeps giving.

Over the course of their rebuild Carlton have been a fantastic example of how the results of a club don't always follow a linear path.

Meaning yesterday could be an outlier in the overall drop off.

Over the course of their rebuild Carlton have been a fantastic example of how the results of a club don't always follow a linear path.

Meaning yesterday could be an outlier in the overall drop off.

Yeah lol nah. Seen enough of a sample size by now that this 'rebuild' is just about done and we are playing finals (even if I don't think we will win the flag or make top 4)

The fact we have not lost 2 games in a row (which I mentioned previously) this season is a testament to our new found resilience and grit under Vossy.

And increased depth on our list too, which I cannot be more pleased about.

The total buy in by the players for Vossy is remarkable, something i honestly have not seen at the club since Parko was coaching us

Yeah lol nah. Seen enough of a sample size by now that this 'rebuild' is just about done and we are playing finals (even if I don't think we will win the flag or make top 4)

The fact we have not lost 2 games in a row (which I mentioned previously) this season is a testament to our new found resilience and grit under Vossy.

And increased depth on our list too, which I cannot be more pleased about.

The total buy in by the players for Vossy is remarkable, something i honestly have not seen at the club since Parko was coaching us
Would have to fall away drastically not to play finals from here. Still have games against Adelaide and West Coast to come. IMO whether this team will be the real deal or not is still a bit early to call. I think Carlton fans in general have gone a bit early on some of the sweeping statements.

Nothing wrong with just letting it play out and seeing what happens at the back end of this season.

Would have to fall away drastically not to play finals from here. Still have games against Adelaide and West Coast to come. IMO whether this team will be the real deal or not is still a bit early to call. I think Carlton fans in general have gone a bit early on some of the sweeping statements.

Nothing wrong with just letting it play out and seeing what happens at the back end of this season.

Would agree with that.

Definitely think talk about winning the flag this year is really premature and probably naive.

Just happy to make finals and win 1 or 2.
From how far back we have come from, that would be a successful season for us.

Could make an argument best win since 2013 Elimination Final.
Nah, yesterday's win was better.

2013, whilst nice to win a final against an arch rival, Carlton were never contending that year.

To win a big match against a Top 4 side, jumping into the top 4 yourself in the process and setting yourselves up to possibly contend for a flag for the first time in two decades, yesterday's win trumps it.

This is the funny part. The fans think they are in a rebuild. They're fielding one of the most experienced sides every week. Their window is now, and the club knows it which is why they're going to top up with guys like McStay. They know they have an absolute miniscule opportunity to pinch a flag whilst Pendles and co. are still around. Yet they're sitting middle of the road and the fans are jizzing.
Rebuild? The concept of a rebuild is a fallacy.

Great clubs with strong cultures don't rebuild. Paul Roos said it best - 'You put together your best possible list each year, and put your best team on the park each week'. Melbourne only came good after he took over the reigns with this philosophy. Geelong, Sydney and West Coast also great examples of this approach - how often and for how long do we see these teams at the tail end of the ladder for multiple years in succession 'rebuilding'?

That is why we see clubs like Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood and West Coast contend more often than they don't.

Big footy would be a pretty boring place if every clubs fan's did that.

Back