Is this where Collingwood falls away?

Remove this Banner Ad

I get your point, because the Grundy and Treloar calls were the correct calls to make, expensive, retrospective calls but it is better late than never. In this sport, you don't have to necessarily lie in the bed you make, you can mitigate your risk exposure by making tough calls like those made by the Pies.

However, McKay is a different story - he is very important for us, Curnow is only 193cm and whilst very athletic he isn't exactly quick either. Harry is verrrrry quick and is probably the biggest key forward in the comp at 205cm or whatever he is, he provides a focal point, a marking option down the line and drags defenders away from the vastly more talented and intelligent Curnow. Unless Lemmey (our next developing KPF option) is AFL ready in a year or two then McKay's deal has been an intelligent decision.
I know we usually take the piss out of each other in this thread, but this is good footy analytics. I completely agree.

Any coincidence that C Curnow goes missing for all of September, whilst CCurnow3votes goes missing at 5.28pm on the afternoon of the Grand Final?
Was always going to happen

They went missing mid-season too, just happening to coincide with Carlton's losing streak

Blues start winning, and up pops CCurnow3votes again, with their particular brand of low effort troll

Not surprised in the slightest that they've gone missing now, and welched on a bet

That’s a coincidence given Carlton is trash and Collingwood is treasure 🤣
Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol enjoy your flag mate it was a great win.
Cheers bud. Half my family are Carlton supporters (family bbq’s are interesting) so from my perspective, while I hate your mob, I still like to see you do well. Congrats on turning your season around. Voss has you on the right track and the AFL needs Carlton back at the pointy end. 👍

Cheers bud. Half my family are Carlton supporters (family bbq’s are interesting) so from my perspective, while I hate your mob, I still like to see you do well. Congrats on turning your season around. Voss has you on the right track and the AFL needs Carlton back at the pointy end. 👍
No they don’t.

No they don’t.
We did make it to near the pointy end this year. It only took us twenty three years to do it! You have what we want there's no denying that.

Now if you do get to number 17 first that will be the ultimate disaster. I'd probably cut my loses and run for the hills in that scenario!

We did make it to near the pointy end this year. It only took us twenty three years to do it! You have what we want there's no denying that.

The fact I hate your footy club with a passion again is a credit to them. They’re no longer s**t.

Now if you do get to number 17 first that will be the ultimate disaster. I'd probably cut my loses and run for the hills in that scenario!

If we get to #17 there’d be nothing wrong with you jumping over to the dark side. I’d welcome you with open arms. We could always use more of your type!

Premiers in July and September.

CCurnow? Is he that Coleman medalist that goes missing during a finals series?

Flat track Charlie. The worst finals series ever by a Coleman winner. It wasn't just a lack of goals, it was the lack of effort and desperation. 3 of the last 4 weeks his direct opponent was the oppositions best player.

Last edited:
Flat track Charlie
Pre that 1995 season they were saying things like that about Carlton. Defeats to the Pies and the Eagles denied us a finals spot in 1992.

We got smashed in the 1993 grand final and bundled out of the finals in straight sets in 1994, after looking like potential premiers during the year.

To win flags you have to put in the hard yards, and suffer a few setbacks and that Collingwood team did put in the hard yards. I'm backing Charlie to answer the critics in 2024.

Pre that 1995 season they were saying things like that about Carlton. Defeats to the Pies and the Eagles denied us a finals spot in 1992.

We got smashed in the 1993 grand final and bundled out of the finals in straight sets in 1994, after looking like potential premiers during the year.

To win flags you have to put in the hard yards, and suffer a few setbacks and that Collingwood team did put in the hard yards. I'm backing Charlie to answer the critics in 2024.

I am not saying anything about Carlton, I thought they were fantastic in the second half of the year, I thought Walsh was outstanding and enhanced his reputation in finals. I am purely referring to Curnow and he was woeful. Lacked any intensity and effort and was the biggest disappointment of any player this finals series.

I am not saying anything about Carlton, I thought they were fantastic in the second half of the year, I thought Walsh was outstanding and enhanced his reputation in finals. I am purely referring to Curnow and he was woeful. Lacked any intensity and effort and was the biggest disappointment of any player this finals series.
I don't think he was getting the right service at times as well, but yes finals is the biggest stage of all and Charlie was nowhere to be seen sadly.

Was always going to happen

They went missing mid-season too, just happening to coincide with Carlton's losing streak

Blues start winning, and up pops CCurnow3votes again, with their particular brand of low effort troll

Not surprised in the slightest that they've gone missing now, and welched on a bet
Welfare check on CCurnow3votes
Last seen 5.28pm on Grand Final day.
:$

Lacked any intensity and effort and was the biggest disappointment of any player this finals series.
You really are looking into this way too much.
There were plenty of worse players in this finals series.
So he only kicked 3 goals. The delivery into our forward line particularly against Brisbane was dead set appalling considering he was getting double tagged as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back