Is Tom Hawkins criminally underrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

I said Hawkins would be the difference before the game. He is in great form and I had no faith in Oscar McDonald to mind him. Goodwin should have made the call to put Frost on him earlier, or even swing Tom McDonald back.

A fair assessment

Was troubled a few years with back issues. Seems to be far more free in his actions at this point.

Those back type issues though rarely completely disappear. Must be managing better now

Ironic.... he could be described this year as one of a few players carrying the team on their back.

#pallbearers

Not doing it often enough for his size, maybe his best game as i thought the same for jack R a couple of weeks back. Supporters want good forwards to kick 6-7 each week so they are a rung above the rest.

Not doing it often enough for his size, maybe his best game as i thought the same for jack R a couple of weeks back. Supporters want good forwards to kick 6-7 each week so they are a rung above the rest.
6, 7 goals a week? What era are you living in? This year's Coleman medalist will be lucky to kick 60 goals, i.e,. Less than 3 a game

People never seem to clue onto the fact that many KPF give the lion's share of their career goals on bad teams.

When Jonno Brown was young and playing on a contender, he didn't kick many goals, it wasn't until his team was poor that he kicked 50+ in a season.

Fevola
J. Riewoldt
Gehrig
J.Brown
Pavlich
B.Brown
And on and on etc.

Hawkins has never played on a poor team and been the sole focal point.

It's remarkable he's kicked as many goals as he has.

He'll end up kicking 600 goals IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won that game last night off his own boot... awesome to watch. Hate the cats but he’s always been one guy that’s not really possible to dislike.
Hawkins is a throwback.

Multimillionaire professional athlete who lives on a farm, is faithful to his wife, normal by all accounts and a gentleman.

Can't think of a single thing Hawkins has done wrong in 12 years as a professional.

I wouldn’t take anyone who uses the term ‘criminally’ in such an argument seriously.

Obviously the buzz word from those that have difficulty with clear thought.

In fact I’m disappointed the OP wasn’t able to sneak the word ‘unprecedented’ in the title.

When we saw Kelly run and pass directly to a leading Hawkins is exactly why the rules will change. The game needs to see this more often, Hawkins performance against the Demons was one of the best from a big forward in a long time. No blight on the game last night!

People never seem to clue onto the fact that many KPF give the lion's share of their career goals on bad teams.

When Jonno Brown was young and playing on a contender, he didn't kick many goals, it wasn't until his team was poor that he kicked 50+ in a season.

Fevola
J. Riewoldt
Gehrig
J.Brown
Pavlich
B.Brown
And on and on etc.

Honestly it will be closer to 700. In career best form, just turned 30, strong enough one on one that even when he can't really run to a lead, he will still get his couple a game. He's got at least 4 seasons left in him I'd reckon.

Was a great athlete when he arrived at the club. Had a 1.9m high jump when he arrived. Injuries destroyed that but he still had the talent to have a very good career. Not a top 5 forward in the game but a top 10
Has been a 5-10 forward in the past 4 years. Is back to top 5 this year.

Won that game last night off his own boot... awesome to watch. Hate the cats but he’s always been one guy that’s not really possible to dislike.

I don't understand any of the s**t he cops. It's as though he gets ragged on because he's not the epitome of a beer swilling can't-string-two-sentences-together dribbler

Fevola
J. Riewoldt
Gehrig
J.Brown
Pavlich
B.Brown
And on and on etc.

Hawkins has been the sole focal point since pods left 5 years ago. That has been our problem. He is easily double teamed as a result of us not having a second key focal point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back