Is Tunbridge gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

They're playing hawks next so will get a week #tinfoilhat

Kennedy contributed to a lot of the momentum by kicking so nothing malicious from Tunbridge. Accidental but the duty of care is with the tackler so he'll probably get cited. The arm that was pinned was the one Kennedy needed to brace himself.

r7BvqPU.jpg

What's tough is the player Kennedy had NOT realised the ball and there is milli second before he kicks the ball then his head hits the turf

This wasn't your typical ......ball comes loose and he's then slung into the ground

What is a player supposed to do .....whats tough is that the one arm tackle is so effective ..Sydney are darn effective one arm tacklers but it creates risk.

Personally I think what is fair is one week down to a fine .......he will get two down to one

I think this was close to unavoidable as you'll get ...the way kennedys body was moving (in that direction)'also added to it

I'm assuming there no reduction because of the two offences? If thats so he may as well have a stab at the tribunal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you imagine if it got to a prelim and someone didnt finish a tackle because they were worried about missing a GF. They have taken so much of the instinct out of the game
Completely agree. If Tunbridge doesn't finish that tackle, turnover doesn't happen and Priddis doesn't kick the goal. Given we won by a point it was a pretty important play in the last quarter.

I understand the whole 'onus is on the tackler', but when the player being tackled tries to dispose of the ball rather than put his hand out to protect himself surely that should be taken into consideration? Just seems strange that something like that can result in a 2 game penalty.

Completely agree. If Tunbridge doesn't finish that tackle, turnover doesn't happen and Priddis doesn't kick the goal. Given we won by a point it was a pretty important play in the last quarter.

I understand the whole 'onus is on the tackler', but when the player being tackled tries to dispose of the ball rather than put his hand out to protect himself surely that should be taken into consideration? Just seems strange that something like that can result in a 2 game penalty.

Basically they are saying they would prefer people to do what Harvey did than lay a tackle like Tunbridge did, AFL footy is a ******* joke if melbourne ever win a flag ill probably give the sport away because its not the game I watched as a kid. They are now trying to outlaw accidents

Could you imagine if it got to a prelim and someone didnt finish a tackle because they were worried about missing a GF. They have taken so much of the instinct out of the game

Too true, if he doesn't finish that tackle he probably gets singled out by the coach after the game & dropped next week...

I am totally lost with the MRP, the old style tribunal worked much better.
It is not what you do it is who you are.
Not sure what else Tunbridge could do, are they supposed to ask the opposition player to brace for being tackled?
Harvey gets off with a punch to the head.

It i about time the AFL and everyone accepts this sport is a sport you can get hurt in, if you don't like it then don't play it. You can't have a 360 degree contact sport without the chance of injury.

Accidents are accidents and it is the risk you take as a player, players are trained to tackle like they do. How can you penalise them to do as they are trained?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back