Is West Coast's season over if they start 1-4?

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Club Legend
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Eagles are currently 1-1 with the following three matches to come within the Queensland hub:

R3 v Brisbane @ Gabba
R4 v Port Adelaide @ Metricon
R5 v Richmond @ Metricon

In my mind, all three of those clubs are finals bound teams this year so it's going to be tough for the Eagles.

So, will they start the season 1-4? And, if they do, is their season over before they even get back to Perth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chinacats

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t think so. they’re the type of team that can put 8 wins together. I think they’ll at least win one of those next two and tigers are not flying either. I’ll doubt they’ll be 1-4.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
1-4 with 12 games left?

Yeah, even if we scrape finals from that point we're probably making up the numbers.

An insipid performance (again) tonight means we can probably look to 2021 imo. Effort and intensity should be non-negotiable, the comment that there was more of it in the intra-club match than against Gold Coast was pretty damning.

Stax on the mill

Premiership Player
Jul 13, 2008
Strathmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Eagles are currently 1-1 with the following three matches to come within the Queensland hub:

R3 v Brisbane @ Gabba
R4 v Port Adelaide @ Metricon
R5 v Richmond @ Metricon

In my mind, all three of those clubs are finals bound teams this year so it's going to be tough for the Eagles.

So, will they start the season 1-4? And, if they do, is their season over before they even get back to Perth?
Unusual to see a GC fan start a thread such as this about an opposition team. But who can blame them after their fantastic win last week and years of failure? We can only hope WC are 1 and 4 after 5 rounds, and GC take their place in the 8 at season’s end.

Asapartyhat

Hat wearer
Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Could be 1-6 if they have to forfeit rounds 6 + 7.
Hope so

- todays covid-19 numbers in Victoria are very bad .The Vic government and health advisors are in an urgent meeting right now.Could be the beginning of the end for AFL 2020 as it is

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asapartyhat

Hat wearer
Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
1 community transmission yesterday
48 community,unknown and under investigation in last six days.Press conferance in next five minutes in Victoria could be interesting.
-+ from the press conference 25 new cases in Victoria today with only 1 from hotel quarantine and Victoria rolling back some previous restriction easing .Keeping in mind it takes at least ten days from first contact to positive test Victoria is f’ed for now .No chance of WA borders being opened for a few months .

Last edited:

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
West Coast are too good a side to be out of contention. They will bounce back and contend in finals. Any of 8 sides can win it this year and they are still one of them.

Top Bottom