Environment Is your Human Race Worth Saving?

Remove this Banner Ad

With every second you pull back from mundane reality, you increase your own ability to create your own happiness. You're the only one driving the car. You're the one throwing down the navigation markers.

Boredom just means you need to change the scenery. And the mindset.
At least you're astute enough to understand what's going on here. Not like the other apes.

You even understand that even if it could reach "type 1" it's still basically doomed by itself or some external cataclysm. Thus there's no point continuing it is there? Can your species even populate another planet in time before this one perishes -- either internally or externally? And if it does even populate another planet, what's the point? Can that new planet contingent even take the human species to "type 2"? It will just be beached there and having to start all over again like it did on the current planet. Round and round.
I don't think you've read anything I've said yet. It is a matter of time, humans would still have thousands upon thousands if not millions of years to create the technology to go galactic, find new stars, planets, resources, etc. before having the ability to literally live in that 'galactic empire' form

I applied that to my own life. It worked. Just remember who's driving the car.
Oh I know I'm driving, and I AM driving; furiously. But the car is futile, has reached a point where it can go no further, most likely, can do no more than what it is designed to do. Cannot get wings and fly, etc. Hence, the lack of seeing the validity of its continuance for the sake of. There's no evolution of the car, just a state of gradual inevitable corrosion. And round and round with the exact same FATE whenever it is given new tracks to travel on. It always keeps coming back to the same conclusion.

I don't think you've read anything I've said yet. It is a matter of time, humans would still have thousands upon thousands if not millions of years to create the technology to go galactic, find new stars, planets, resources, etc. before having the ability to literally live in that 'galactic empire' form
But it's just giving the human race a new track, but the car can still only do what it is equipped to do. The conclusion is still going to be always the same. Just uprooting one ruined location for another.

But it's just giving the human race a new track, but the car can still only do what it is equipped to do. The conclusion is still going to be always the same. Just uprooting one ruined location for another.
I'm afraid I can't change your mind if you can't grasp the concept

Read my very first comment again, think clearly about what I stated. Although it was a joke it still pertains to stabilizing humanity in the long run. Everything you keep saying is really irrelevant at that point.

I applied that to my own life. It worked. Just remember who's driving the car.
But....I won't discount what you've been imploring tonight, vouching for your species. Seriously, I am glad you chipped in. You're always welcome to chip in. Because you're astute. I will keep defending your species for the time being and give it more chance to prove me wrong.

I'm afraid I can't change your mind if you can't grasp the concept

Read my very first comment again, think clearly about what I stated. Although it was a joke it still pertains to stabilizing humanity in the long run. Everything you keep saying is really irrelevant at that point.
I'll re-read your posts in the morning with a clearer set of eyes. Bit fogged up with sleepiness at the moment. I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. No work. Hopefully I can stay decent and moral and not try to hit on any women.

I'm sick and tired of defending your species. Saving your souls. If I opt out, your species will be eradicated. In my absence will come nothingness. An astronomical pit will fill the skies and devour your planet.
Sounds like watching Ross Lyon football to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. 100 years at most till reaching type 1 civilization. Once you do that you are set. Scientists have figured this out, calculated it.

It's not about reaching the 'end-game', once you reach a type 1 civilization you are set. You just hope you that you (a) don't get eradicated by aliens or (b) run out of time and your sun dies, which we have plenty of time left to use for energy. Other than that it is simply a matter of time.

The Earth right now is at it's most important part in history. I hope to one day see the step taken to a type 1 civ in my lifetime. That's when you know humanity has made it. Either that or we will be wiped out by nukes.
Well we want to get a move on expanding in space, don't want to reach the point where energy is too scarce to escape Earth's gravity.

meh sums up the importance of the human race in the grand scheme of the universe as we perceive it.

the question is- why do we as a race suffer from delusions of grandeur and gross hubris? if we were to go the way of the dinosaur all we would be is a curious fossil found in a few million years by some other evolved species, a mere footnote in history, an aberration if you will. we look for meaning and purpose but in reality there may be none.

maybe GGs skull could be on display in some sort of galactic style museum in the year 5,002,016.

You could also play a positive song and make the argument the other way. Lots of crap in the world, lots of good. There has always been that yin and yang.
Its not just about crap and bad. Thats the nature of the universe. But theres no point even, just cyclical, no direction, no purpose. Myth of sisyphus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back