Is Zac Tuohy the best Cats recruit since....Dangerfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian on form to date. Would be hard to leave him out.

A certainty for the initial squad anyway.

As for recruit of the year...will go very close. What a coup to get him!! Came into a new club...a new system...and it was seamless.

Full credit to him.

All Australian on form to date. Would be hard to leave him out.

A certainty for the initial squad anyway.

As for recruit of the year...will go very close. What a coup to get him!! Came into a new club...a new system...and it was seamless.

Full credit to him.
He is Mr Reliability - never misses a game (touch wood); amasses a similar number of effective possessions every week, and always seems cool, calm and collected.

If I've got this right, going by the current ladder, 2E has cost us a downgrade of picks from 17 to 21? Was it a swap of this years picks? That's a steal if true.

Currently its 17 63 and smedts for tuohy and 21. Good deal for us.

Did Smedts even get on the park for Carlton this year? Likewise the fella we traded to Adelaide for Dangerfield, Dean Gore. Did he even play a single game yet?

He played a few games but didn't do much.

Gore hasn't played yet for adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did SOS oversee that deal?

If he did, I hope he gets a ten year extension.....

To be fair it wasnt a terrible deal for them in totality as it enabled them to get marchbank and pickett who i rate. Otherwise they either would have had to trade gibbs or bypass petrevski seton to get marchbank so while it was a great deal for us it was a good deal for them also.

I find it interesting that gws basically traded marchbank pickett and a 3rd rounder for deledio they have certainly taken a big risk to try and win a flag this year.

Now carlton's 2014 trade and draft period that was trash (under a different list manager to silvagni though).

Dunno how much upside Smedts actually has, but Dean Gore had some buzz about him when we first got him. Dunno how that'll pay off for the Crows yet.
They (GFC) probably created the buzz so that Adelaide bit and took a 'promising' young player for Danger.

Wells probably recruited him playing the long game and knowing that Adelaide would naturally gravitate to requesting Gore.

It's like dangling a pretty worthless trinket in front of a rube.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere so I thought I would post it here now that our position has been finalised.

We traded pick 15 (2017 draft), Smedts and pick 63 (2016 draft) for Tuohy and pick 20 (2017 draft)

I'd say that's a successful trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back