Player Watch Isaac Chugg (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Collingwood Isaac.

Like others I would have liked a tall at this pick but this guy sounds like the type you take a punt on in the rookie list. Speed, agility, good disposal but needs to work on consistency.

Seems similar to John Noble but good to have another small back with pace to put pressure on Noble, IQ, Bianco etc. His inclusion could also help push a Maynard further up the ground. If Chugg can play small lockdown back he could be an astute pick.

Go well son.

Welcome to the Pies Isaac! Like the look of him as a player, reading the various bio's. Hopefully comes in with his head switched on and makes some ground quickly

I went to school with Isaac (about 6 years older though). His sister was my first girlfriend, in fact.

He used to be a little running machine as a kid, could overtake kids several years older in the Cross Country event. I remember hearing he was focusing on his running over football, but ended up smashing the back end of the TSL season and the rest is history. Good pickup, can't wait to see him he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking style looks a little bit of an issue
His skills/decision making are the main reason I didnt think he had much of a chance of getting drafted, but that was from 2019, his start to 2020 wasn't much better, but he was improving a bit as 2020 went on. Hopefully with coaching he can become a good player.

His skills/decision making are the main reason I didnt think he had much of a chance of getting drafted, but that was from 2019, his start to 2020 wasn't much better, but he was improving a bit as 2020 went on. Hopefully with coaching he can become a good player.

Can see why he wasn't picked up in the draft, needs to really work on that left foot but has speed and can mark, so upgrade on Phillips.

Decision making even moreso.
That's why he's a rookie, it's essentially a free swing to see if we can help him correct his deficiencies.
Although with our recent record the odds aren't short.

That's why he's a rookie, it's essentially a free swing to see if we can help him correct his deficiencies.
Although with our recent record the odds aren't short.

There are no free swings on an AFL list, every spot is precious. Most premiership teams have a bunch of rookies that play vital roles... Check our 2010 team for instance..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back