Restricted Free Agent Isaac Heeney [RFA 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Swans already trying to lock him away but can’t see Heeney being in any rush. This is going to be his big pay day of his career.

Some say he’s overrated but he’s a genuine match winner as a half forward and I still think a team could use him more as a mid if needed.

he turned down a big offer from us last time out of contract and obviously a local boy so it would take a bit to get him out of NSW But one to watch this year

mattpolo8

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
he won't go anywhere. He's a newcastle boy. Loves the surf. Swans will offer a fairly large contract.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
he won't go anywhere. He's a newcastle boy. Loves the surf. Swans will offer a fairly large contract.
Yeah i expect him to stay unless the gap in offer is over 200k or 3-4 extra years at an increase

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Swear I read he was already on some ridiculous amount (eg 850k pa).

That's about the upper limit of what another club would offer, so I expect he'll sign pretty quickly.

Swans look good moving forward.

Tippett2Goal

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Swear I read he was already on some ridiculous amount (eg 850k pa).

That's about the upper limit of what another club would offer, so I expect he'll sign pretty quickly.

Swans look good moving forward.

Yep he is already on big money, North offered him over $1m/year aroud the time of his last contract, so we had to pay big to keep him.

Unlikely he gets a payrise, but even at same pay would take a very big offer to move him.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Would offer him big money. Think he’s underrated due to spending so much time forward. He’s got genuine top 10 player in the comp talent imo

Slingshot Footy

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Already on stupid money

hope we don’t pay overs
Bloody Norf, he's been good the last few years when fit and available but his price tag did not match the output of his last contract. Not worried in the slightest of whether or not we retain him, it's just a matter of how much extra we have to pay to keep him.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Won' leave unless The Swans push him out The door.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Aye.

Every club in the comp bar the Vic clubs offer what he loves doing in his down time (surfing) so maybe one of them would be likely IF he was to leave, however, there’s more chance of me getting a lap dance from Dylan Alcott than him leaving.

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heeney would be very attractive to the market looking for alternatives to Jordan DeGoey.

But this one has the feel of an upcoming seven or eight year contract at the Swans for Isaac.

mattpolo8

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Aye.

Every club in the comp bar the Vic clubs offer what he loves doing in his down time (surfing) so maybe one of them would be likely IF he was to leave, however, there’s more chance of me getting a lap dance from Dylan Alcott than him leaving.

You clearly have never seen Dylan Alcott out at a club. Nose beers and all. A lap dance from him wouldn't be out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lego23

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Will be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets this time around, i get why the Swans coughed up last time but his output doesn't warrant anywhere near that sort of contract again.

Much closer to a 600k a year type player at present.

Cameron_Jezza

Debutant
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Heeney would be very attractive to the market looking for alternatives to Jordan DeGoey.

But this one has the feel of an upcoming seven or eight year contract at the Swans for Isaac.
Buddy's contract has ended, they can afford to offer Heeney heaps of $, he could even get an Ambassadorship like cognilio if AFL really wanted to.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Buddy's contract has ended, they can afford to offer Heeney heaps of $, he could even get an Ambassadorship like cognilio if AFL really wanted to.
To target the blonde hair, blue eyed minority with hot mums kids who don’t already play AFL?

Cameron_Jezza

Debutant
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
To target the blonde hair, blue eyed minority with hot mums kids who don’t already play AFL?
I think the only way it would be legitimate if it was to target the Hunter region. Otherwise, a bit ridiculous. Also with Hewett, Dawson gone and Josh kennedy slowing down I am guessing ( perhaps incorrectly) the Swans have plenty of salary cap room in future.

Last edited:

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Will be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets this time around, i get why the Swans coughed up last time but his output doesn't warrant anywhere near that sort of contract again.

Much closer to a 600k a year type player at present.
That’s less than Jack Martin money. He’s better than that.

theyellowsash

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the only way it would be legitimate if it was to target the Hunter region. Otherwise, a bit ridiculous. Also with Hewett, Dawson gone and Josh kennedy slowing down I am guessing ( perhaps incorrectly) the Swans have plenty of salary cap room in future.
Well cola existed so anything is possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad