Recommitted Isaac Heeney [signs 6 year extension until 2028]

Swans already trying to lock him away but can’t see Heeney being in any rush. This is going to be his big pay day of his career.

Some say he’s overrated but he’s a genuine match winner as a half forward and I still think a team could use him more as a mid if needed.

he turned down a big offer from us last time out of contract and obviously a local boy so it would take a bit to get him out of NSW But one to watch this year

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
he won't go anywhere. He's a newcastle boy. Loves the surf. Swans will offer a fairly large contract.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Swear I read he was already on some ridiculous amount (eg 850k pa).

That's about the upper limit of what another club would offer, so I expect he'll sign pretty quickly.

Swans look good moving forward.

Oct 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Swear I read he was already on some ridiculous amount (eg 850k pa).

That's about the upper limit of what another club would offer, so I expect he'll sign pretty quickly.

Swans look good moving forward.

Yep he is already on big money, North offered him over $1m/year aroud the time of his last contract, so we had to pay big to keep him.

Unlikely he gets a payrise, but even at same pay would take a very big offer to move him.

Slingshot Footy

All Australian
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Already on stupid money

hope we don’t pay overs
Bloody Norf, he's been good the last few years when fit and available but his price tag did not match the output of his last contract. Not worried in the slightest of whether or not we retain him, it's just a matter of how much extra we have to pay to keep him.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
he won't go anywhere. He's a newcastle boy. Loves the surf. Swans will offer a fairly large contract.
Aye.

Every club in the comp bar the Vic clubs offer what he loves doing in his down time (surfing) so maybe one of them would be likely IF he was to leave, however, there’s more chance of me getting a lap dance from Dylan Alcott than him leaving.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Aye.

Every club in the comp bar the Vic clubs offer what he loves doing in his down time (surfing) so maybe one of them would be likely IF he was to leave, however, there’s more chance of me getting a lap dance from Dylan Alcott than him leaving.

You clearly have never seen Dylan Alcott out at a club. Nose beers and all. A lap dance from him wouldn't be out of the question.

Cameron_Jezza

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Heeney would be very attractive to the market looking for alternatives to Jordan DeGoey.

But this one has the feel of an upcoming seven or eight year contract at the Swans for Isaac.
Buddy's contract has ended, they can afford to offer Heeney heaps of $, he could even get an Ambassadorship like cognilio if AFL really wanted to.

Cameron_Jezza

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
To target the blonde hair, blue eyed minority with hot mums kids who don’t already play AFL?
I think the only way it would be legitimate if it was to target the Hunter region. Otherwise, a bit ridiculous. Also with Hewett, Dawson gone and Josh kennedy slowing down I am guessing ( perhaps incorrectly) the Swans have plenty of salary cap room in future.

Last edited:

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Will be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets this time around, i get why the Swans coughed up last time but his output doesn't warrant anywhere near that sort of contract again.

Much closer to a 600k a year type player at present.
That’s less than Jack Martin money. He’s better than that.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Aye.

If I recall correctly there are some places down Geelong way where one can surf.

Does not fit Geelongs age demographic , they might offer him a contract when he reaches his mid thirties.

Nah we are very much after players in heeneys age bracket.

Back