Isaac Heeney vs Christian Petracca

Who is/will be the better player?

• Isaac Heeney

Votes: 178 53.5%
  • Christian Petracca

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like Heeney will always be the icing on the cake (boring one liner but it's true).
Petracca looks like he has the physical presence & desire to turn around a game if the chips are down and those types of footballers are incredibly rare. The lofty tag of being the no.1 pick already looks to be justified.

Feels like Heeney will always be the icing on the cake (boring one liner but it's true).
Petracca looks like he has the physical presence & desire to turn around a game if the chips are down and those types of footballers are incredibly rare. The lofty tag of being the no.1 pick already looks to be justified.

Who was the no.1 pick?

He wasn't pick 1. He should have been, though.

Right now for mine heeney, but a player like petracca is extremely rare. Will have come back and reflect after they've both played 50 games.

Who was the no.1 pick?
He wasn't pick 1. He should have been, though.

Right now for mine heeney, but a player like petracca is extremely rare. Will have come back and reflect after they've both played 50 games.

Sorry, I meant to say pick 2 but he was Melbourne's first choice.

Heeney looks a sensational prospect too but Petracca has a rare mix that is different to any other player I can think of. Strong as they come through the core as has the ability to take marks from a two footed stance as he has good jumping ability so that will make him a handful when he rests forward during games.

Sorry, I meant to say pick 2 but he was Melbourne's first choice.
Melbourne bid on Heeney with pick 2 before taking Petracca so you could say Heeney was their first choice.

Both guns, I think Heeney's best games have been better but Petracca the more consistant in a short space of games. Both have huge ceilings.

I have to go with Petracca. I think they'll both be stars but Petracca has that real follow me arrogance. Heeney won't do much wrong, in fact he's been the better player so far, not just because he's played more but because he's had more influence when he has.

It's just that Petracca seemes to be a superstar in the making. In his few games he's shown a mixture of freakish skill, brutishness & speed around the contest.

Both are a pleasure to watch though #nobruce

Extremely hard to split, on exposed form I'd say Heeney has done a bit more, but he also had 2015 to show his wares whilst Trac recovered from his ACL. Only voted Petracca because he plays for my team.

Petracca's name alone gives me tingles in the pant region.

Heeney looks supremely skilled and deceptively strong given his size, but there aren't many future prospects I'd swap for Trac at this minute.

Heeney shapes as the more complete player, imo.

Petracca is the one I'm more likely to pay to watch, though.

Both look to be superb players but Petracca plays like he could run through a brick wall and his skills are just as good if not better than Heeney's, apart from marking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne bid on Heeney with pick 2 before taking Petracca so you could say Heeney was their first choice.

Both guns, I think Heeney's best games have been better but Petracca the more consistant in a short space of games. Both have huge ceilings.
Didnt know they bid pick 2 on Heeney. Certainly makes the comparison more interesting if in fact Melbourne themselves preferred Heeney.

Didn't Melbourne take Petracca and Bradshaw pick 2&3?

If they won the bid on Heeney they would of still took Petracca right?

So I don't think we can definitely say they preferred one over the other.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Didnt know they bid pick 2 on Heeney. Certainly makes the comparison more interesting if in fact Melbourne themselves preferred Heeney.

That bid was under the old system, the was no chance of us getting him, Roos was trying to make a point

Didn't vote, love them both as players.
Yeah, wimped out, but this is just a huge :thumbsu: to both of them:footy::footy::footy:

Petracca could be the best player in the comp in 3-4 season and could be an a-grader as soon as next season. I have no idea what St Kilda were smoking when they decided to pick McCartin but it will go down as one of the great drafting blunders.

Heeney had four disposals on Saturday. Was a complete non-factor. Hasn't had a good few weeks.

Talented but will need to see more
Young player has up's and down's in form. Knock me over with a feather. Biggest issue for Heeney is that Swans don't play him on ball much because he's good up forward and they are loaded with inside mids. Really want to see him play on ball for significant periods for a few weeks.

Young player has up's and down's in form. Knock me over with a feather.

Person makes observation on player's current form with the caveat he needs to see more to make a judgement.

Was that hard to understand?

Back