Recommitted Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Heeney could come in and star on grand final day and take his team to a premiership. It may seem unlikely, but consider where WB were a few years back, doesn't seem as farfetched.

And Heeney has runs on the board, if a team paid him 1m you'd atleast find a way to rasionalise it based on his output at AFL level. Toyd got paid 1m because the dogs were desperate for a fwd and needed $$ to convince one to come to them.

1million would get it done if he was leaving for money. Swans won't be able to come close to that.

I'm not really understanding why you are bothering. Do you want me to defend us recruiting a premiership hero?

Could Mason Wood be involved in the trade if one were to occur? I think he would fit well in Sydney's team. It would obviously need to include a first rounder and something else but I think it could work out well for both teams.

Could Mason Wood be involved in the trade if one were to occur? I think he would fit well in Sydney's team. It would obviously need to include a first rounder and something else but I think it could work out well for both teams.

Ideally Sydney fall in a heap which may make his decision easier. 2x 1st + swap of 2nd rounders is more than enough. Wood ain't going nowhere.

I'd offer him a $10m 7 year deal.

That would test his resolve.

Mcveigh will either go or be put on a reduced contract, plus we got rid of richards and mglynn this year in preparation for heeney. hanners and parker are on 5 year deals so they will front/backloaded to help the juggling act.

Heeney will not get a million dollar offer from the swans but it will be ball park. He will also have endorsements coming out of his ass, he has the perfect image to connect to sydney surf lifestyle.

Glad Heeney did not take the North Melbourne deal, not that I really think North Melbourne could have offered the Swans anywhere near what we would want for Heeney. I think Swans management definitely see Heeney as a one club player. He could easily be competing for Brownlow's in a few years time.

A former pick 18 who we've already missed out on two seasons of? Second round pick would do it surely :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumford & Mitchell.. Was there any others?

Mumford yes, but whilst we wanted to retain Mitchell, at the same time we weren't going to offer too much for another slowish mid. Actually happy to replace Mitchell with Florent long-term.

Mumford & Mitchell.. Was there any others?
Jesse White? Tim Membrey (more down to senior opportunities than cash)?

I don't believe Mitchell was a victim of the Buddy contract. If anything he was a victim of the arrival of Heeney and Mills, with the Swans knowing that they will have to free up significant space in their salary cap to retain both and, more importantly, give them the opportunity to move into the midfield sooner rather than later. The latter, combined with the fact that the Swans already have a quality core of experienced but slowish contested ball winners made Mitchell more expendable than a player of his quality would normally be.

Nah. Heeney could come in and star on grand final day and take his team to a premiership. It may seem unlikely, but consider where WB were a few years back, doesn't seem as farfetched.

And Heeney has runs on the board, if a team paid him 1m you'd atleast find a way to rasionalise it based on his output at AFL level. Toyd got paid 1m because the dogs were desperate for a fwd and needed $$ to convince one to come to them.

1million would get it done if he was leaving for money. Swans won't be able to come close to that.
Nah, Boyd was identified by the Dogs a long, long way out and they got their man. They weren't after any key forward, they were specifically after Tom Boyd and they got him.
For what it's worth - Heeney didn't do much in the grand final and neither did Griffen in the prelim. Tom Boyd on the other hand... wow!

Anyway back on to Heeney...
Got to hand it to him knocking back an offer like that even if it is to play for the nobodies.
The boy has standards and he's sticking to them.

I don't believe Mitchell was a victim of the Buddy contract. If anything he was a victim of the arrival of Heeney and Mills, with the Swans knowing that they will have to free up significant space in their salary cap to retain both and, more importantly, give them the opportunity to move into the midfield sooner rather than later. The latter, combined with the fact that the Swans already have a quality core of experienced but slowish contested ball winners made Mitchell more expendable than a player of his quality would normally be.

White left before Franklin arrived... IIRC he was literally a casualty of the Tippett contract though.

White left before Franklin arrived... IIRC he was literally a casualty of the Tippett contract though.

I think White was more of a victim of the Swans not being that into him. The season before Tippett arrived, they played almost anyone over 190cm tall in the forward line before White, until he was about the last one left standing. I was being a little facetious suggesting he was a victim of the Buddy contract.

FWIW, I think White has been somewhat maligned over his career, at the Swans as well at (sometimes) at Collingwood. If you take him at face value - ie a tall, semi-athletic, semi-intelligent tall forward capable of playing a role but not suited to having team structured around him, he's delivered. For the late draft pick that the Swans originally selected him with, he's exceeded reasonable expectations. I believe he's been victim to his tendency to show odd flashes of something that suggest he might be capable of more than he's delivered or, at least, of delivering more consistently.

what about them powerball numbers dude?
4, 5, 10, 12, 14, 26 - which by an amazing coincidence also corresponds to the guernsey numbers of our starting midfield for the next 4 years.

The supplementary numbers are 29 and 44.

Nope White was traded to Collingwood the same year we got Franklin. We offered White to Adelaide for Tippett which they rejected and kept him as insurance for a year instead and managed to get some trade value out of him.

But really he was a victim of running out of chances to earn a senior spot, an oversized contract and needing make room for Buddy

This

Mitchell was clearly let go to free up funds for Heeney and Mills future contracts

Nope White was traded to Collingwood the same year we got Franklin. We offered White to Adelaide for Tippett which they rejected and kept him as insurance for a year instead and managed to get some trade value out of him.

But really he was a victim of running out of chances to earn a senior spot, an oversized contract and needing make room for Buddy
White was a victim of being a fraud. Naturally he has found a home at Collingwood.

The word from Adelaide was that Sydney demanded that White be part of the trade for Tippett. Adelaide said they would rather pick 23 alone than with White and the Swans said nope, there offer was only 23 and White, as they need cap space for Tippett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back