Recommitted Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Boyd was identified by the Dogs a long, long way out and they got their man. They weren't after any key forward, they were specifically after Tom Boyd and they got him.
For what it's worth - Heeney didn't do much in the grand final and neither did Griffen in the prelim. Tom Boyd on the other hand... wow!

Anyway back on to Heeney...
Got to hand it to him knocking back an offer like that even if it is to play for the nobodies.
The boy has standards and he's sticking to them.

Whoa Whoa Whoa
Settle down mate, comments like this stink of high horse mentality.
I loved watching the Dogs win as much as most but let's face the facts, 3 or 4 good games over one finals series is all 1m has delivered thus far.
Tommy boy certainly stood up when it mattered but there is more work to be done here me thinks.

You've just lost Mitchell
I get the impression we let him go, at no stage of his career have we ever acted in a way to show how desperate we were to keep him.
Was stuck in the 2's for a couple of years when he should have been in the seniors, very good player but there is alot of talk that horse didnt rate him very highly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

says alot about heeney, he could have backed himself in and signed a million a year contracts for the next 5-8 years but hes decided to stick around for 300k a year

He would be starting he first extension this year which will bring him close to 300k a year, so there would be no way known he would sign a further 5 year extension for only a small raise. He'll be in the 500k to 750k range at different points over the 5 years.

:rolleyes: Thread seems to brought the regular Swans posters out of their post GF funk. Welk done OP, but I guess a threat to their poster boy was a no brainer.

Excuse our excitement. You'll know what that is one day:rolleyes:
It wasn't sarcastic, although not a bad caĺl, I can be. I genuinely miss some of your regulars on the main board.
If I said I'm in my mid 50's and have always been an ausiie rules fan, maybe you'll believe me when I say I get how it feels.
Guys like Heeney would have to would have to make you make you feel better looking forward.

The dream is over.

1056013.jpg

He would be starting he first extension this year which will bring him close to 300k a year, so there would be no way known he would sign a further 5 year extension for only a small raise. He'll be in the 500k to 750k range at different points over the 5 years.
i was hoping to get some bites about how we could get him to sign for 300k.... in reality, hes just become a very wealthy 20 year old

I get the impression we let him go, at no stage of his career have we ever acted in a way to show how desperate we were to keep him.
Was stuck in the 2's for a couple of years when he should have been in the seniors, very good player but there is alot of talk that horse didnt rate him very highly
That is pure dribble
Was one of the best on in the GF and growing as a player.
He was out because of salary cap issues (past and present)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back