Player Watch Isaac Quaynor (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISAAC QUAYNOR | OAKLEIGH CHARGERS
DEF | 180CM | 77KG
Another Charger not eligible until the 2018 draft, Quaynor impressed across the backline for Oakleigh. His reading of the flight was superb, and his work one on one was sensational, using his body strongly to take four contested marks. The best of these was a beautiful one hander while fending off his opponent. He used the ball cleanly and demonstrated good vision and decision making when exiting the defensive third. Has some good traits to work with.

http://footyprophet.com/tac-cup-scouting-notes-chargers-dominate-depleted-knights/

Sorry for the stupid question, but why do we get priority access? Which academy is he part of? I thought it was only the NT academy.
We have a Victorian zone too for multicultural and indigenous.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-03/victorian-clubs-handed-afl-funding-for-academies

VICTORIAN clubs have been given seed funding to establish club-branded academies in allocated areas throughout Victoria and the Northern Territory in a radical plan to attract youngsters from non-traditional football backgrounds to the game.

If a club develops a young Australian from an Asian or African background and wants to draft them, then they will receive a discount on a basis similar to the current bidding system. Clubs will be able to apply for draft discounts on other youngsters from non-English speaking backgrounds if they develop the player in a similar manner.

For indigenous players from under-represented areas such as the Pilbara, incentives will also exist for clubs to develop and nurture talent in those areas.
Next generation AFL club academies – Victorian clubs region allocation

Western Bulldogs – Western Melbourne, Wimmera, Mallee, South West Victoria, Ballarat, (North Ballarat Rebels & Western Jets)
Essendon – North West Melbourne (Calder Cannons), West Arnhem (NT)
Melbourne – South East Melbourne (Dandenong Stingrays), Alice Springs (NT)
Collingwood – Central Melbourne (Oakleigh Chargers), Barkly (NT)
St Kilda – Inner Southern Melbourne (Sandringham Dragons), Frankston LGA
North Melbourne – Melbourne and Wyndham LGAs (Calder Cannons & Western Jets)
Hawthorn – Eastern/Whitehorse LGAs (Eastern Ranges), Gippsland (Gippsland Power), Katherine (NT)
Carlton – Northern Melbourne (Northern Knights)
Geelong – Geelong /Hampden (Geelong Falcons), East Arnhem (NT)
Richmond – Goulburn Murray, Bendigo, Sunraysia, North Central (Bendigo Pioneers and Murray Bushrangers)

mapvic.jpg

mapnt.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell did Richmond get such a big zone?
They have no zone in the NT.

What would you rather, our NT zone + priority access to any multicultural kids that come through the Chargers, or Richmond’s country zone?

How does Geelong get anything more than the Falcons with the talent that churns out of there.
How many Asian/African/Indigenous kids do you reckon will be in their zone? I’d wager our small zone in Oakleigh will churn out more than theirs.

Honestly we have no reason to complain. We have arguably the best zones in this system along with Essendon and maybe Hawthorn.

It's mostly for Asians and Africans, with the NT zones having a big focus on indigenous kids.

There would be more Asian and African kids in our little inner city zone than the Richmond zone three times over. Ours is a much better zone IMO.

They have no zone in the NT.

What would you rather, our NT zone + priority access to any multicultural kids that come through the Chargers, or Richmond’s country zone?
Victorian zones also include indigenous players, which balances things out a bit for Richmond. Thankfully there were interim rules in place last year meaning clubs could only rookie players not selected in either the national or rookie draft instead of the bidding system.

0708_KIRBY_620.jpg

Victorian zones also include indigenous players, which balances things out a bit for Richmond. Thankfully there were interim rules in place last year meaning clubs could only rookie players not selected in either the national or rookie draft instead of the bidding system.

0708_KIRBY_620.jpg

Richmond had Pre-Listed Kirby for Rookie Draft but We stuffed there Plans Up;)

0708_KIRBY_620.jpg
Yeah I’m aware of that, I just don’t see country Vic as a goldmine for Multicultural or Indigenous prospects either way. There will be the odd kid come through like Kirby I guess, but by and large, unless I’m mistaken, most Indigenous AFL players usually end up coming from the NT or WA.

We have the best of both worlds imo, Richmond’s zone is just meh, despite its size.

Yeah I’m aware of that, I just don’t see country Vic as a goldmine for Multicultural or Indigenous prospects either way. There will be the odd kid come through like Kirby I guess, but by and large, unless I’m mistaken, most Indigenous AFL players usually end up coming from the NT or WA.

We have the best of both worlds imo, Richmond’s zone is just meh, despite its size.

I imagine they may pluck one or two out of the Mildura area here and there. I wonder how long it will take the AFL to change things up if one team's zone is more fruitful than everyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back