Player Watch Isaac Quaynor (Academy Prospect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've heard it could be an issue as he's supposedly pretty decent by foot. May need some re-training. We're trying to develop an unpredictable game plan, thus not interested in blokes who are predictable by foot. We're currently retraining a few already who are struggling to emulate Treloar's perfect method of throwing the ball downwards at the foot. The 90 degree arc that his kicks could end up in is really hard to set a zone against. I personally love the strategy and can't see how it could go wrong.
If we're going to be negative, FFS let's do it like this amusing post :)

Isaac Quaynor
182cm/82kg
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Defender
15/1/00

The Magpies look set to get a big win with Quaynor, who can join the club as a member of its Next Generation Academy. The small defender is a very good player: he's sure with the ball and composed under pressure, he provides rebound and run, and he can play on a range of tall and small forwards without ever losing his own attacking tendencies. A bid for him could come in the first round on draft night at this rate.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Also 7th in standing vertical jump, 5th in running vertical jump right foot and 6th in running vertical jump left foot.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Callum Twomey is that you?

Yeah stop the presses soon to be AFL footballer kicks 5 straight!! Anyone would think he performed open heart surgery while doing it given the carry on.

His kicking test results were poor given he’s a v solid user of the ball.

Yeah stop the presses soon to be AFL footballer kicks 5 straight!! Anyone would think he performed open heart surgery while doing it given the carry on.

His kicking test results were poor given he’s a v solid user of the ball.

Agree. The Video was shown his Kicking was not Great

Does anyone think Quaynor could do a Stephenson and play round 1, if we take him?
It would be silly NOT to take him. He looks like he could make us forget Murray.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

MayneSpudHunter

Senior List
May 9, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Greece NT Kalloni FC
It would be silly NOT to take him. He looks like he could make us forget Murray.

Id hope so, after what a mistake murray was. we paid over on the trade and he'll get banned for a few seasons, i dont think we would have to pay him out though given he tested positive, would we ?

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Id hope so, after what a mistake murray was. we paid over on the trade and he'll get banned for a few seasons, i dont think we would have to pay him out though given he tested positive, would we ?

His contract would effectively be voided if he was found guilty of a breach and suspended as he cannot be paid by the club (or indeed have any contact with the club or the league beyond player welfare services) if he is banned.

Does anyone think Quaynor could do a Stephenson and play round 1, if we take him?

I have said all along he will play round 1 as our small defender if he stays injury free during preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back