Player Watch Isaac Quaynor (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many have been as good as Nathan’s kicking, and your right, he no where near his, but his match day kicking is better than most of the other kids l reckon.

Yup he is a very good safe kick, definitely not poor but I wouldn't consider him (at this stage of his career) on Buckley, Hodge, Jarman level either.

Then again I have only seen limited games of his so maybe I missed (very possible) the games he was directing 50m bullets through traffic and nailing people on leads on the tit to advantage.

Also doesn't mean he wont develop it into his game either as this is my *limited viewing* of him right now comment, not what his capability is.

Yes Nathan was, as I've said repeatedly on here before and hence Nathan Buckley good as a rule.

But that wasn't my point more so that if you read some of the hype you would expect Buckley esque kicking skills. And in reply to partytime I was saying Quaynor is a good kick but probably has been over hyped at this stage re his kicking ability and is definitely NOT a poor kick like he had suggested.
I believe the skills when it's seen on the field.

I take your point, you are correct.
Quite a bit of hype at the moment. The young fellow is still a pup.

Yeah stop the presses soon to be AFL footballer kicks 5 straight!! Anyone would think he performed open heart surgery while doing it given the carry on.

His kicking test results were poor given he’s a v solid user of the ball.

I mean, he admitted himself he fluked the goal kicking test. Given he's a defender anyway who cares?

I had never seen footage of the kid. My excitement wasn't based on the combine goal kicking test. It was based on the look of him on the footage available. The last time I was this excited for a kid based on limited footage was Sier.

So I guess I trust my own eyes ok enough.

. And in reply to partytime I was saying Quaynor is a good kick but probably has been over hyped at this stage re his kicking ability and is definitely NOT a poor kick like he had suggested.

I never said he was a poor kick - I said he would need to significantly improve his kicking in order to be in our best 22 come round 1 (as a few posters has put forward a bit earlier), *if* his combine results were even remotely indicative of his disposal by foot at this point in time.

Does anyone think Quaynor could do a Stephenson and play round 1, if we take him?

I'm hopeful that with another preseason under his belt Appleby might lock up 1 small defender spot. Not sure we'd look to play both he and IQ but it doesn't seem that long ago that circumstances forced us to debut Yagmoor, Paine and Seedsman in a R1 encounter against the Hawks so who knows.

Does anyone think Quaynor could do a Stephenson and play round 1, if we take him?

If we are gonna grab a youngster from the academy it's not Quaynor, it's this fella.

ATU BOSENAVUALAGI
Position: Small Forward
Size: 179cm, 79kg
Draft range: Late/Rookie

Bio: At the start of the season, Collingwood wouldn’t have anticipated they would be matching a bid for the former Fiji Rugby Sevens under-19 player. But his strong second half of the year will likely mean the Pies have to match a bid on the crafty small forward. Bosenavualagi has booted 14 goals in the TAC Cup this season, averaging 14.7 disposals and 4.5 tackles. He applies plenty of pressure in the forward half of the ground, and was outstanding in the TAC Cup Elimination Final — where he had 17 disposals and booted four second-half goals.

Dunno why there isn't a DTM thread on this kid.

If we are gonna grab a youngster from the academy it's not Quaynor, it's this fella.

ATU BOSENAVUALAGI
Position: Small Forward
Size: 179cm, 79kg
Draft range: Late/Rookie

Bio: At the start of the season, Collingwood wouldn’t have anticipated they would be matching a bid for the former Fiji Rugby Sevens under-19 player. But his strong second half of the year will likely mean the Pies have to match a bid on the crafty small forward. Bosenavualagi has booted 14 goals in the TAC Cup this season, averaging 14.7 disposals and 4.5 tackles. He applies plenty of pressure in the forward half of the ground, and was outstanding in the TAC Cup Elimination Final — where he had 17 disposals and booted four second-half goals.

Dunno why there isn't a DTM thread on this kid.

I think most of the discussion about A2B2, along with IQ and Kelly, has moved to the academy thread.

Gone from being a prospective rookie pick to someone who might attract a bid. Hopefully we can still get him as a free by in the rookie draft although not such a bad thing if we're asked to match 3 bids, just a matter of finding the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back