Isaac Quaynor injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow that's a shock. I think this is just a freak accident? You wouldn't think they'd be wearing illegal boots
Nah wouldn’t have thought so.

Foot straight into the shin wouldn’t do that damage with plastic stops.

These boots apparently have screw in studs on the heel.

Cousins plays footy and reckons 2 people on the team use these boots and have cut people this season.

So they are standard boots. That seems like an oversight. I'm expecting them to be banned soon.

But let's not crucify Wicks. Seems like popular boot league wide

Same. Not just boots though. They also checked for ear rings, finger rings, basically anything of metal.

All those could be picked up by cameras and also the 9 umpires on the ground. Studs not as easy to police.

Just staggering if something so obviously dangerous was within the rules. Talk about an OHS disaster.

All those could be picked up by cameras and also the 9 umpires on the ground. Studs not as easy to police.

Just staggering if something so obviously dangerous was within the rules. Talk about an OHS disaster.
I was referring to umpires checking boots/studs in junior games. In my case they were checking more than boots/studs.

Beat me too it almost word for word. Wicks would be mortified right now.

Ban the boot and ban metal studs, move on.
It might lead to some more players slipping for a week or so while they adjust to bew boots. But even if it's a 1in 1million freak accident you cant have hybrid boots with illegal stops.

Who knows how many players have the same boots or even knew the stops were illegal by afl rules.

Have to feel for Wicks. Dont even want to imagine what s**t he might be getting sent on social media right now with this news. It's not his fault at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it really Wicks studs? If you watch the footage it doesn't really look like Quaynor makes enough contact (and for long enough) with Wicks studs. Kinda seems like something in the ground may have caused that? Maybe a sprinkler head?

Looks like Rowbottom has the same pair on. They’d be all over the league with Nike throwing free boots to all the players.

Just a freak accident. Hoping Wicks doesn’t get crucified for this.

I am glad people are saying this as Wicks seems like a nice guy in interviews. I doubt he has deliberately done anything illegal.

That said I hope the AFL ban this if many players are using these type of boots.

Was it really Wicks studs? If you watch the footage it doesn't really look like Quaynor makes enough contact (and for long enough) with Wicks studs. Kinda seems like something in the ground may have caused that? Maybe a sprinkler head?

It seems crazy. He could sweep the leg 1000 times with those shoes on and not do that much damage once.

Have to feel for Wicks. Dont even want to imagine what sh*t he might be getting sent on social media right now with this news. It's not his fault at all.

There is no way a Collingwood nuffie would attack him on social media would they!?

Wicks will be fine I think - more likely bad press for the AFL and Nike.

OR...the league will ignore it, dismiss it as a freak accident and pray it doesn’t happen again...to someone’s face.

I remember in soccer the linesman used to check your studs before a sub came on. Its more the shape than whether they are metal or not i would think. Whatever has done that was pretty sharp.

Feel sorry for Wicks? How about Quaynor. Had his leg split open and wont be playing for a fair while.

That goes without saying, but Wicks is being personally attacked right now and having his character called into question and I don't think that is fair. Hope Quaynor has a quick recovery though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back