Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

No fine to the player or the club,according to A.F.L mouthpiece Tom Browne.Somehow i don’t think that would have been the outcome if one of our players had maimed a Swans player with their boots.

Interesting photo of Daicos from a week ago on the Collingwood Instagram.

Actually I was still playing when metal studs were banned and we all laughed at it knowing that plastic studs were far more likely to wear quickly creating sharp edges.
The damage to our boy’s leg was caused by illegal metal studs. Do you understand that?

So the AFL has declared that the stops were indeed illegal. Huge sanction incom..... wait, no, Sydney get a stern talking to and AFL declares the next time there will be a $40,000 fine. Meanwhile we lose another player who’s an up and coming star for a month. There is no justice in this league...
The league is corrupt, and the hatred for Collingwood obvious. Disgraceful.

Hey BruceFromBalnarring an apology would be good, you wanted one from Buckley, so how about it?

THE AFL has ruled that the boots Sydney debutant Sam Wicks wore in Thursday night's loss to Collingwood were not compliant with League rules.

The AFL confirmed to AFL.com.au that there would be no sanction for Sydney or Wicks, but the AFL's general manager of football operations, Steve Hocking, contacted all clubs to remind them "any form of exposed mental studs or stops" were not permitted.

The Swans confirmed post-match and again on Friday that Wicks' boots were standard-issue screw-ins, with a hybrid soleplate that includes plastic and aluminium stops.

The club said in a statement: "Following discussions with the AFL, it has become clear that these boots are not compliant with AFL regulations."

"The Sydney Swans will take steps to rectify this immediately to ensure that all boots are compliant going forward. The club has been in contact with Collingwood to express its regret for the incident and concern for Isaac, whom we wish a speedy recovery."

The AFL confirmed to AFL.com.au that there would be no sanction for Sydney or Wick .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quaynor should take legal action if the AFL refuse to act.

He could have serious complications and life long scarring because people broke the rules and there is no punishment??

I hear ya mate but do you really think:
  • Gil is gonna smack the Swans (and a major sponsor like Nike) cos a Collingwood player gets cut?
  • Anyone else is gonna worry about an injury to one of our blokes?

Heck I'm still waiting for the VFL/AFL to admit that Jimmy O'Dea should have been charged!

I hear ya mate but do you really think:
  • Gil is gonna smack the Swans (and a major sponsor like Nike) cos a Collingwood player gets cut?
  • Anyone else is gonna worry about an injury to one of our blokes?

Heck I'm still waiting for the VFL/AFL to admit that Jimmy O'Dea should have been charged!

I mean, it's not Nike's fault. They're allowed to produce boots with metal spuds and players are allowed to wear them. The problem is when players, clubs, and AFL officials let players run out onto the field with those dangerous metal studs and put other players are risk of serious injury.

Who is responsible for checking boot studs before games? Is there even anyone who does it? Has that person been fired yet?

I suspect the Swans showed these photos of all the Collingwood players wearing the same boots and thought better of it. Isaac’s boots themselves look suspect.
Have you got proof?

I mean, it's not Nike's fault. They're allowed to produce boots with metal spuds and players are allowed to wear them. The problem is when players, clubs, and AFL officials let players run out onto the field with those dangerous metal studs and put other players are risk of serious injury.

Who is responsible for checking boot studs before games? Is there even anyone who does it? Has that person been fired yet?

The AFL will make it about the bootstudders!

Not apologising. Bucks sent a kid under the bus without doing his homework. Had he done his homework he’d have worked out that heaps of players, including his own, wear the same boots.

The reason “Collingwood are satisfied with the outcome” is because they know they’re equally implicated.

haha ok 🤣.

King hit Neville Bruns 100m behind play, Bruns never saw it coming, dog act by Matthews. No intent from the Sydney kid
He intentionally wore metal studs.