Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking injury to a good young player, wishing him a speedy recovery time.

Does anyone know if the Collingwood players pointed out the studs to the umps?

How does a footy boot with studs like that even exist? Could 2020 get any stupider.

Apparently they questioned Wicks about it but from the sounds of it nothing was mentioned to the umpires

The AFL has zero integrity. An horrific injury caused by illegal boots that everyone has agreed are illegal but no sanction and the Swans only have to apologise for it? What hope is there when the AFL won’t even enforce their own regulations ... would have been a different story if it happened to one of the media’s high profile darlings and not an unknown Pies youngster.

So if say Toby Greene or Dustin Martin wore these boots and decapited Pendles would you have a different view?
To do such a thing would require the player in question to be deliberately kicking/stomping directly at/on the opponent with enough force and intent to injure. That in itself is a criminal offence, regardless of the footwear.

2020, where you're not allowed to call someone out for doing the wrong thing because they're a first gamer and you might hurt their feelings, despite what the fact that what they did was negligent and caused serious harm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day, the embarrassment is with posters on this board and your coach.

In your rush to be outraged, he started and you guys fueled an internet pile on on a first gamer who’s only crime was to wear the boots he was supplied. I doubt he was alive when the metal studs rule came in. He probably wasn’t because I was still playing.

Turns out there’s heaps wearing them. It’s an old rule that many had forgotten about.

I feel for Isaac. It’s a sh*t injury. But a senior coach should be more measured and not send the media and internet hordes after a young first gamer. At least not before doing their homework.

Buckley should apologise.

The flog of a debutant is an official cheater. He wore and Sydney sanctioned illegal boots...

Not the first time Sydney have been caught cheating with the blessings from the AFL.

What's it feel like to support a franchise?

Yeah guys, don't hold someone accountable for doing the wrong thing. Won't somebody think of his feelings?

Yeah guys, don't hold someone accountable for doing the wrong thing. Won't somebody think of his feelings?
Clearly I’ve got this all wrong. Here was I thinking IQ was the victim.

At the end of the day, the embarrassment is with posters on this board and your coach.

In your rush to be outraged, he started and you guys fueled an internet pile on on a first gamer who’s only crime was to wear the boots he was supplied. I doubt he was alive when the metal studs rule came in. He probably wasn’t because I was still playing.

Turns out there’s heaps wearing them. It’s an old rule that many had forgotten about.

I feel for Isaac. It’s a sh*t injury. But a senior coach should be more measured and not send the media and internet hordes after a young first gamer. At least not before doing their homework.

I feel your outrage. Bucks should resign immediately.

Isaac is drafting an apology as we speak for messing up the shine of the 1st gamer's boots with his skin and blood. We will offer him brand new boots as well as appropriate compensation for the hurt feelings he has suffered and for any inconvenience.

Thank you for being so generous with your time here and for your patience in explaining this to us. Now f* off.

We should apologise? * off
d6109af4ff6820bddc69024944c9d3c7.jpeg.jpg

Are the AFL seriously letting Sydney get away with just an apology? That's not even a slap on the wrist. That's a ******* joke.
Unfortunately yes they are. It is a joke, when l was playing, no correct footwear, no game. I thought clubs had people looking after the equipment of their players. If so clubs fault, not the kid himself