Remove this Banner Ad

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Not Q’s best effort today. But he has credits in the bank because he’s had a ripper of a season.
For all the good things he does Q does tend to get a bit lost at sea at times against the more elusive smalls who stay engaged even if they don't get the ball first up when it comes in their direction - not the first time he's had trouble sticking with a small forward of that ilk.

MooreTreloar

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs
It might not be a popular,at nickname but I’ll stick to call him it… Really love the way the Quayn Train goes about it. We have a player here.

jathanas

Aug 17, 2011
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
Ok, cheers
The club has clarified that the first part of his given name is pronounced the same as the "qui" in quinoa.

But then again you may have recently mentioned that Game Of Thrones wasn't particularly noteworthy viewing.

You OK mate? Seem to be under a bit of a cloud.

Last edited:

Vicky Park

Premium Platinum
Sep 11, 2012
Umm...
AFL Club
Collingwood
The club has clarified that the first part of his given name is pronounced the same as the "qui" in quinoa.

But then again you may have recently mentioned that Game Of Thrones wasn't particularly noteworthy viewing.

You OK mate? Seem to be under a bit of a cloud.
What have quinoa and GoT got to do with our exciting young footballer?

(shakes head)

A moderator taking this thread off topic…

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Possibly second receiver/outlet pass running through from the backline.
I'm hoping Maynard gets his wish and cuts it in the midfield next year and Quaynor plays the role Maynard plays when Howe is in the team - not the kpd role Maynard's played for much of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milo the border collie

All Australian
Jan 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood Magpies
He might get beaten less in one on ones, but he doesn't win as many either or go on the intercept marking frenzies that Moore does.
Fair enough but it seems to me that Maynard just seems a more important player. Most of us have forgotten about Moore lately which shows you that just about anybody is expendable. Maynard and for that matter Quaynor are our two gun defenders. With Howe back the defence was perfect but Moore tends to get in Jeremy's way a bit.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair enough but it seems to me that Maynard just seems a more important player. Most of us have forgotten about Moore lately which shows you that just about anybody is expendable. Maynard and for that matter Quaynor are our two gun defenders. With Howe back the defence was perfect but Moore tends to get in Jeremy's way a bit.
It's not the ideal situation I'll grant you but Jeremy is a lot closer to the end than Darcy and Darcy has the capability of tearing a forward/ centreline to shreds in a single bound.
Darcy is in his natural position and he is AA quality, we simply have to make the best of it.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
No idea if Maynard is in the running for AA team, but if fit, I'd pick both he and Moore to represent the country.

The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, b*tch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Fair enough but it seems to me that Maynard just seems a more important player. Most of us have forgotten about Moore lately which shows you that just about anybody is expendable.
Speak for yourself! Moore is close to the best defender in the league and worth the price of admission alone.

Apex36

Hall of Famer
Mar 26, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Speak for yourself, I and plenty of others here haven’t forgotten Moore at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad