Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

I stand by my call......he should play round 1.

I wasn’t marking him as hard as you.

Maynard and Crisp and Quaynor is a nice mix.

I thought he did well today.

Even IF he Turns the Ball over a Bit a Misses some Targets?

You didn't see the vast majority of his kicks and handballs miss the target? He went at 40% disposal efficiency and most of those were short kicks or handpasses that just missed the target. Maybe we watched a different game.

Again, a lot to like, but he needs to earn selection in the VFL.
If he plays in the next JLT game, lets see how he goes in that before making any predictions,

Even IF he Turns the Ball over a Bit a Misses some Targets?
Sounds like a normal collingwood senior player to me.
It’s his first senior game, he will only improve

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
A real good lesson for Quaynor today, learning about the tempo of senior footy.

He’ll get there. Just a few steps he’ll learn to take.

That is same for just about all players
First real game of senior footy, l think there’s a time for cutting him some slack right now, he did not look out of place and that’s a good start.

Last edited:
Sounds like a normal collingwood senior player to me.
It’s his first senior game, he will only improve

I am sure he will and He not too far off it needs a Few Senior games to get the Pace then we can see how good he is

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you'd have him in the back pocket over Aish despite Aish playing better?

I think Aish should play wing........loved his game today by the way.

Like Dave I now think he will have a massive year and I thought he was a good average player in the past.

I am sure he will and He not too far off it needs a Few Senior games to get the Pace then we can see how good he is
Sometimes we get caught up in the hype of where he was taken in the draft and expect them to be a gun straight away.
He did not look out of place, and wether he plays round one, l don’t know, but if he does he will do well l think

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah nah Kappa.

Will play round 1 for me.

Was poor today. Got the run around from his opponents. Struggled with the step up in the pace of the game. May get another chance to push his case in JLT2 but if he has to start the year in the VFL then it won't be the worst thing for him.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was poor today. Got the run around from his opponents. Struggled with the step up in the pace of the game. May get another chance to push his case in JLT2 but if he has to start the year in the VFL then it won't be the worst thing for him.

Sorry didn’t see it that way mate.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
With Phillips and Sidebottom we already have 2 elite wingmen

I get that but I think he is wasted in defense........to me he looks like the penny has dropped and is ready to show his real ability.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I stand by my call......he should play round 1.

I wasn’t marking him as hard as you.

Maynard and Crisp and Quaynor is a nice mix.

I thought he did well today.

You could be right by the end of the year or more likely next year, but Levi would have to be selected before him at this stage.