Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Q’s best effort today. But he has credits in the bank because he’s had a ripper of a season.

For all the good things he does Q does tend to get a bit lost at sea at times against the more elusive smalls who stay engaged even if they don't get the ball first up when it comes in their direction - not the first time he's had trouble sticking with a small forward of that ilk.

It might not be a popular,at nickname but I’ll stick to call him it… Really love the way the Quayn Train goes about it. We have a player here.

Nice effort but it’s pronounced “key-nor” which derails your train.

I thought it was “Kay-nor”, as in day, may, etc. The ‘Qu’ turns into ‘k’.:huh:

On the coverage of the crowdless games you can clearly hear his teammates calling out (phonetically) “Key!” “KEY!” to him.

Ok, cheers

The club has clarified that the first part of his given name is pronounced the same as the "qui" in quinoa.

But then again you may have recently mentioned that Game Of Thrones wasn't particularly noteworthy viewing.

You OK mate? Seem to be under a bit of a cloud.

Last edited:
The club has clarified that the first part of his given name is pronounced the same as the "qui" in quinoa.

But then again you may have recently mentioned that Game Of Thrones wasn't particularly noteworthy viewing.

You OK mate? Seem to be under a bit of a cloud.

What have quinoa and GoT got to do with our exciting young footballer?

(shakes head)

A moderator taking this thread off topic…

Defender for me. He's got a few weapons, but run and carry is his biggest weapon and you get to do that more from defence.
Possibly second receiver/outlet pass running through from the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping Maynard gets his wish and cuts it in the midfield next year and Quaynor plays the role Maynard plays when Howe is in the team - not the kpd role he's played for much of the year.
Yes he isn't ideally suited to it.

What have quinoa and GoT got to do with our exciting young footballer?

(shakes head)

A moderator taking this thread off topic…

That's so aggressive!

Now you're lashing out at friends. :(

He might get beaten less in one on ones, but he doesn't win as many either or go on the intercept marking frenzies that Moore does.
Fair enough but it seems to me that Maynard just seems a more important player. Most of us have forgotten about Moore lately which shows you that just about anybody is expendable. Maynard and for that matter Quaynor are our two gun defenders. With Howe back the defence was perfect but Moore tends to get in Jeremy's way a bit.

Fair enough but it seems to me that Maynard just seems a more important player. Most of us have forgotten about Moore lately which shows you that just about anybody is expendable. Maynard and for that matter Quaynor are our two gun defenders. With Howe back the defence was perfect but Moore tends to get in Jeremy's way a bit.
It's not the ideal situation I'll grant you but Jeremy is a lot closer to the end than Darcy and Darcy has the capability of tearing a forward/ centreline to shreds in a single bound.
Darcy is in his natural position and he is AA quality, we simply have to make the best of it.

No idea if Maynard is in the running for AA team, but if fit, I'd pick both he and Moore to represent the country.

Fair enough but it seems to me that Maynard just seems a more important player. Most of us have forgotten about Moore lately which shows you that just about anybody is expendable.
Speak for yourself! Moore is close to the best defender in the league and worth the price of admission alone.

Speak for yourself, I and plenty of others here haven’t forgotten Moore at all.

Do people see him as a defender long term or will he push higher up the ground?

Would be a sensation on a wing. Positive is that he’ll be a very good contributor either way.