Toast Isaac smith- king of the team game

Remove this Banner Ad

Assisted buy those playing the man adding little or nothing.Realy this is a bit convoluted " Wanted to make a thread toasting one of the most team oriented, one percenter players i have seen pull on our hoops of late." I've heard them called 110% players as in gives 110 percent but never a 1 percenter player.
Oh dear you have now opened the 110% door ....

Been super again since last I said he's been super.
Has quickly become a top 10 player at the club.
No doubt he still considers himself a Hawk, and rightly so, he won 3 Premierships with them, but what I love is he's clearly very happy playing down at the Cats, has genuine affection for his team-mates and looks a great locker room type of guy.

Been super again since last I said he's been super.
Has quickly become a top 10 player at the club.
No doubt he still considers himself a Hawk, and rightly so, he won 3 Premierships with them, but what I love is he's clearly very happy playing down at the Cats, has genuine affection for his team-mates and looks a great locker room type of guy.

Has very clearly bought in. I said this in another thread - he copped it very unfairly for that grin before the QF miss.

it was perceived as some sort of arrogance. I thought then and doubly so now, it was the sheepish grin of a bloke who is fairly self effacing who doesn’t really like a lot of spotlight. Has been excellent for us and despite his age he’s still very physically up to it

It’s in the title. Not some random side note. The effing title. king of the team game. Not one poster in this thread has agreed with this title by the way. No one can explain what it means. Yet many of you are all so angry and bitter cos some postar simply questionEd what this actually means rather than unquestioningly celebrate the incoherence of the op.

caring about truth and reason is important Regardless of subject matter. Its fundamental to our society. We need to always practise it as it’s not easy.
What don't you get and what don't you agree with?
The OP was entirely transparent and logical and accurate.

its where he played well in juniors and where he played his best season at geelong.

His best season?

He played 5 games in his first season as part of the Misfits/defensive unit and then shifted to the midfield group from round 7 when Tuohy returned to the team. The last 13 games of his first season he played through the wing & midfield, and that's when he looked to be at his attacking best

Has very clearly bought in. I said this in another thread - he copped it very unfairly for that grin before the QF miss.

it was perceived as some sort of arrogance. I thought then and doubly so now, it was the sheepish grin of a bloke who is fairly self effacing who doesn’t really like a lot of spotlight. Has been excellent for us and despite his age he’s still very physically up to it

In case anyone still hasn't noticed, Isaac plays more of his football with a smile on his face than anyone else I can ever remember. Not just when things are going well, not just when we win, just almost all the time. It's clearly part of his personality and also a key part of how he puts himself in the best mindset to perform at his best. Doesn't take himself too seriously and thrives on not getting too wound up when the stakes are very high.

And so I see it as totally fine to call him 'King of the team game'. Every team would love a guy that brings that much positive energy (and positive output) to their team. Has been amazing for the Cats this year and I hope he gets plenty more footy with us under his belt before hanging up the boots.

Anyone who brings that much buy-in on the field in terms of his actual footy contribution while also making the team a really enjoyable environment for every player to bring their best and feel they belong must be an absolute pleasure to have on your list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its where he played well in juniors and where he played his best season at geelong.
Corey Enright started as a mid ; we all know where he finished.
Mike Turner started as winger and finished as a hff.
Luke Hodge started as a mid, finished as a HBF.
Clark's best season at Geelong is way in the past. If he can make it as a rebounding defender, he easily could be a winger. Right now, he is in nowhere land.

Agreed..despite some of our older players in recent years being on the wane physically he still looks in super good nick..clearly has bought into the club and the gameplan..hopefully can bring us success in big games. Fantastic pickup.

The thing I notice with him is his reflexes and quick mind. He often sticks out a hand to intercept a handpass, killing the other teams forward momentum. Plays like a basketball player with steals and intercepts.
He would probably love to be told that.

Having another solid season. Been quite excellent since joining Geelong.
Does make you appreciate that Hawthorn side a little bit more when you consider he was probably only their 9th or 10th best player. They were stacked with ridiculous talent and little wonder they ended up winning 3 in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back