News Isaac Smith to nominate Geelong as UFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand, he undoubtedly improves the 22 and he comes for free so that’s good.

On the other, I worry that Jordan Clark will now have a reason at the end of 2021 to say he needs to seek more opportunities elsewhere.

On my third hand, of Jordan can’t push out a 32 year old then is he really good enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 points down v Hawthorn, the ball lands in Smith's hands and the final siren sounds. Smith nails it from 45 metres out.

Simply Delicious.
And in the post match presser he declares that he knew when he took his kick in the QF in 2016 he would end up at Geelong, turning to Chris Scott and winking!

On the one hand, he undoubtedly improves the 22 and he comes for free so that’s good.

On the other, I worry that Jordan Clark will now have a reason at the end of 2021 to say he needs to seek more opportunities elsewhere.

On my third hand, of Jordan can’t push out a 32 year old then is he really good enough?
Reckon it may be Tuohy in some strife. Doesn’t have a spot down back and another wingman in the door

I am sick of all these old players from other clubs playing for us Scott is a joke he wants this.....i use to say leave it to the club not now...i never worried about the coach not now....he has lost the plot

I disagree. Players who want to compete for a premiership are choosing to come here. As long as we are able to maintain a list that is competative every year, that lure will remain. Keep not selling th farm. The biggest cost in recruiting Smith is the opportunity loss for players coming through. But like others have said, the likes of smith and higgins will only keep players out if they don't prove they are up to it anyway.

So, in that 2016 final when Smith was lining up, his little smirk and nod was in response to, “So Isaac, you’re coming to the Cats in 2021 yeah?”.

Put him on the wing in a much better balanced and senior group than the hawks and we’ll see his best again.

FFS, do we have no shame anymore?
Yeah he's been a good player but I still want like and go for us every week.
Can't we just draft and build our own players. It's just getting too much.
Yeah I don't get it either - I don't mind the idea of getting in decent Mature recruits but I'll be damned if I think it's a good idea to consistently play these guys ahead of our youth in the seniors. Surely the coaching staff can look at Simpson and say to themselves, "gee, give the young guys a go and they may surprise you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back