Free Agency Isaac Smith [UFA to Geelong for 3rd round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo might come knocking again.
Suckling, Duryea both worked out well and we did ask the question in the middle of last year.

Bevo might come knocking again.
Suckling, Duryea both worked out well and we did ask the question in the middle of last year.
Would be a good fit for the Dogs, really hope we can retain him though. Wouldn't get much compensation because of his age and is worth more to us than some late pick.

No he didn't - Finn Maginness won the 2km trial.

He had a down year - outside the top 10 in the Hawks B&F.
Should take retirement fund from gold coast end of the year.

No he didn't - Finn Maginness won the 2km trial.

He had a down year - outside the top 10 in the Hawks B&F.
Smith won the time trial in November. There are two.

Maginness won last weeks.

He was drafted late though. He can easily play for another 2 years.

Being drafted late is completely irrelevant in this context.

I think he's got another couple of years left in him, but it has absolutely nothing to do with how old he was when he was drafted.

Being drafted late is completely irrelevant in this context.

I think he's got another couple of years left in him, but it has absolutely nothing to do with how old he was when he was drafted.
Correct - he didn’t have his feet up on holidays. The Ballarat league is very competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still playing decent footy and no signs of any issues with his body.

St Kilda were in his ear last year I would be surprised to see us try and get him over for a bit more on field leadership.

Dogs have been keen too and would be a very good fit.

Still playing decent footy and no signs of any issues with his body.

St Kilda were in his ear last year I would be surprised to see us try and get him over for a bit more on field leadership.

Dogs have been keen too and would be a very good fit.

With the likely list reductions, I doubt any club would be willing to pay him over 500k for a player who’s 31.

No idea what will happen with list reductions. Last I heard they were looking at just dropping the rookie lists.

I don't see him getting over 500k anywhere
He probably doesn't leave unless he gets that money, probably why he is still a hawk. Thank our lucky stars. Been one of a very few players who have brought it every game this year.

He probably doesn't leave unless he gets that money, probably why he is still a hawk. Thank our lucky stars. Been one of a very few players who have brought it every game this year.
You are probably right.

I don't think it will stop clubs trying though.

St Kilda might think they are some chance with Ratten, Roughead etc at the club?

He might think he can have one more tilt at a flag at the Dogs?

Think he just stays, he’ll get the same sort of money with us, he’s got 3 premierships, I’m sure he’d like another but I think he’d be happy with his career and being a one club player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back