News ISC remain, (for this year at least).

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m with you on this one! I would also love us to revert back to the old black on white with black shorts too when possible (home games v anyone without white as the dominant colour). It’s so striking

View attachment 758882

Oh and it’s a hard no from me on the swooping magpie strip. We’re black and white stripes and that jumper was an abomination!

I agree wholeheartedly on both your points. I believe the above strip is the best combination of black with white also.

For me moving to far away from our traditional 3 stripe jumper is only ever giving ammunition to those who would love to see us forced into producing a radically different clash jumper.

The people who suggest this invariably always bring up the example of Manchester United as a club who produce a range of alternative jumpers.

The implication being of course that if it's good enough for them......

The example of Manchester United is exactly why I don't want to ever see Collingwood forced into or make a decision to wear anything other than black and white stripes on match day.

While I admit I have little interest in soccer outside the World Cup I know whenever I see highlights of the EPL I generally have no idea if it's Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc I'm viewing as a lot of the teams seemingly switch between a jumper predominantly red, white or blue on any given week.

Personally I'd hate for our game to ever get to that point where the casual observer of AFL within Australia can't immediately identify both teams playing with a simple glance at the television screen.

If there is to be a change will it be club wide? Currently we have

AFL - ISC (apparel), Nike (boots), Everlast (boxing)
VFL - ISC (apparel)

AFLW - Cotton On (apparel, AFL sponsor - competition wide), Nike (boots)
VFLW - CGR (jumpers), coaches polos appear to be another company

Netball - Diadora (apparel), Nike (shoes)

Last edited:

VFL - ISC (apparel)

I reckon you'd get more money for splitting it, so I think it'll remain split.

VFL - ISC (apparel)

Cotton On has a league wide deal with the AFLW so unlikely for that to change alongside.

Cotton On has a league wide deal with the AFLW so unlikely for that to change alongside.
So more money for brown paper bags down at the Cattery.

We're staying with ISC. Our new shop has gone up this morning. Says our 2020 Guernsey is coming soon, which has the ISC logo on the image.

Also, the Suns and some other clubs have signed on with ISC.

Looking forward to seeing the home jumper for 2020. Talks about the 10 year anniversary of the 2010 flag on the home page of the store so will be interesting to what they run with

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 Home jumper coming soon. Something about 10-year anniversary of 2010 flag?

That is fitting (no pun)

Wow talk about taking the piss and cheap money grab.

Wow talk about taking the piss and cheap money grab.
Agreed. We shouldn't be celebrating the anniversary of premierships for which there are still players on the team who won the damn thing! Wait another decade at least. Wouldn't mind the 1990 GF, but we really need to focus on winning them than celebrating them.

Why we ever ditched Adidas was mind blowing.
The apparel flogged off to fans is cheap and outright poor.

Really need to get back to Adidas or Nike.
Everything else really is poor and to go from Adidas to Star to ISC----for a club as big as ours is laughable.

s-l1600.png
s-l1600.png

2020 Collingwood Home Guernsey (leaked)
So it's trying to replicate the style of the home guernsey under Adidas in 2010.

Wish we were celebrating 30 years since the 1990 drought-breaking premiership with a white-based jumper with black stripes instead.

s-l1600.png
s-l1600.png

2020 Collingwood Home Guernsey (leaked)
So it's trying to replicate the style of the home guernsey under Adidas in 2010.

Wish we were celebrating 30 years since the 1990 drought-breaking premiership with a white-based jumper with black stripes instead.
Damn! Black & White stripes again.

Damn! Black & White stripes again.
There's quite a few differences actually;
  • Picture of 2010 team on the inside
  • Outer stripes appear slightly thinner than middle stripe
  • Back stripes end at curved line just like 2010 Home.
  • CGU back sponsor changes to CGU INSURANCE.
  • Middle stripe on the front curves slightly on top to fit collar, meaning to imitate the "Adidas Bib'' that the 2010 Home was unique for.
  • Left/Right stripes on front are brought further in to the middle, not connected to the cuff like this years' jumper had.
I'm sure there'll be a few more once the guernsey is officially revealed. I've also heard rumours that our away will be a 1990 GF tribute jumper?

Agreed. We shouldn't be celebrating the anniversary of premierships for which there are still players on the team who won the damn thing! Wait another decade at least. Wouldn't mind the 1990 GF, but we really need to focus on winning them than celebrating them.
Anniversaries are for the guys who won it more so than the fans.

I'm like you, ....next one please

Anniversaries are for the guys who won it more so than the fans.

I'm like you, ....next one please
Yep, said this before, but especially when some of the blokes who won the GF are still playing in the team today? Just seems so odd.
All for giving tribute to the 1990 GF I guess for it's importance in ending the drought and years of Colliwobbles, but why does this have to do be celebrated on the jumper we wear for half of our games each year rather than just a one-off maybe against St. Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back