News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

In Ireland O'Neills make their own stuff, believe they have two factories. O'Neills in Ireland kit out the majority of the Gaelic teams/associations/counties (the GAA). Problem that O'Neills has is that all kits worn in GAA competition must be manufactured in Ireland this extends to replica kits sold in stores. Not sure where Penrith stuff was made this year.

They do all but one GAA county (Waterford is the only one that don't use them).

According to Wikipedia, their two plants are in Dublin and Strabane (a border town on the Northern Ireland side of the border), with no mention of other plants. With their recent expansion though (Hockey One, Penrith, Adelaide etc), it would be interesting to see if they have set up another plant closer to Australia.

Interestingly,Collingwood is still referred as a club with all others removed. The storm, broncos and tigers are also still included too..

also must be mentioned that they’ve added the Waratahs and Raiders are still there so maybe the pies are sticking with ISC?
Not any more. No AFL merch either.

In Ireland O'Neills make their own stuff, believe they have two factories. O'Neills in Ireland kit out the majority of the Gaelic teams/associations/counties (the GAA). Problem that O'Neills has is that all kits worn in GAA competition must be manufactured in Ireland this extends to replica kits sold in stores. Not sure where Penrith stuff was made this year.

Can confirm the NRL jerseys are made in Ireland. I ordered some Hockey One stuff from O'Neills directly, and it came from Ireland - took forever to get here! I'm thinking this might see smaller runs due to the fact that they need to ship from Ireland compared to China or make them locally, and associated costs.

Also, heads up, if it hasn't been mentioned, they run small. I had to get 5XL in Knights jerseys, usually a 3XL in ISC suffices, and even then, it was a little snug. For for the bigger gents, be forewarned. Might have to hit the gym. :p

Can confirm the NRL jerseys are made in Ireland. I ordered some Hockey One stuff from O'Neills directly, and it came from Ireland - took forever to get here! I'm thinking this might see smaller runs due to the fact that they need to ship from Ireland compared to China or make them locally, and associated costs.

Also, heads up, if it hasn't been mentioned, they run small. I had to get 5XL in Knights jerseys, usually a 3XL in ISC suffices, and even then, it was a little snug. For for the bigger gents, be forewarned. Might have to hit the gym. :p

That's interesting. I was given a GAA club shirt from a relative, and the sizing seemed to be fine.

I found this with Nike, I bought a 3XL of theirs years ago when I was an XL and it was too tight. Now I’m a small/medium in ISC, the old 3XL Nike jumper fits ok...

Did I hear right that someone is getting Sekem? I saw some Port Sekem replica guernseys at Rebel Sport yesterday which had number 9 sublimated into them. Seemed to be decent enough quality for what they were. I wasn't aware Sekem did sublimated number replicas.

Did I hear right that someone is getting Sekem? I saw some Port Sekem replica guernseys at Rebel Sport yesterday which had number 9 sublimated into them. Seemed to be decent enough quality for what they were. I wasn't aware Sekem did sublimated number replicas.
That would be Fremantle, right Freight Train ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo to Sekem.

Quality isn’t terrible but they screwed the design.

Historic WA company with good quality player-issue gear in the WAFL. I'd take Sekem over Euro "no names" like Macron or Castore any day.
images - 2020-10-31T102734.386.jpeg
sacre bleu!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back