News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Read this from a Talksport interview with one of the Castore founders, puts me at ease a bit.

“We realise increasing the price of the core replica jersey was going to be a very emotive issue for fans, so that’s not something we want to do,” he added.

“That core jersey will remain in line with the price point it has been historically.

“However, there is an opportunity, we believe, to expand that product offering, so for Rangers we will be launching a ‘pro’ jersey, which will be the kit that the players themselves wear on the pitch stepping out at Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon, and that will be at a higher price point.
“Not all fans will want that kit, but we believe a significant portion of them will.

“Beyond that we think there’s a really interesting opportunity to expand the Rangers product range into lifestyle products, products that are more fashion-forward into more trend-driving products.

EDIT: Should have mentioned that this is all in regards to their partnership with Rangers, could change with any potential move here.
CAST05HOME_HomeShirtSS-ecommence_01_2000x.jpg

So Castore have released their Rangers FC home kit. (slighty ot sorry)
Priced at $115 AUD on their website interestingly, rather than the usual $120.
Would be rather bizzare if they sell their guernseys at $115 RRP undercutting everyone despite wanting to be a super-premium brand :drunk: would expect the opposite

CAST05HOME_HomeShirtSS-ecommence_01_2000x.jpg

So Castore have released their Rangers FC home kit. (slighty ot sorry)
Priced at $115 AUD on their website interestingly, rather than the usual $120.
Would be rather bizzare if they sell their guernseys at $115 RRP undercutting everyone despite wanting to be a super-premium brand :drunk: would expect the opposite
$115 is about right or slightly more expensive than a typical soccer jersey in the UK. This would be £60 over there.

That is not worth $115.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can’t think of too many jerseys that are - thank f**k for DHGate and r/JerseyReps ;)

Well, have some good intel on the movement of apparel partners next year. Happy to give some detail, but might not be as much as you want ;) .

Adelaide - EU manufacturer
Brisbane - Classic
Carlton - Puma
Collingwood - US manufacturer
Essendon - UA
Fremantle - manufacturer who is currently in AFL
Geelong - Cotton On
GC - manufacturer who is currently in AFL (but will sell the space)
GWS - manufacturer who is currently in AFL
Hawthorn - Adidas
Melbourne - NB
NM - Canterbury
PA - EU manufacturer (different to WCE/ADL)
Richmond - Puma
St. Kilda - manufacturer who is currently in AFL (but will sell the space)
Sydney - US manufacturer
WCE - EU manufacturer (different to ADL/PA)
WB - Asics

Plus if we had a single supplier for the whole comp,
Well, have some good intel on the movement of apparel partners next year. Happy to give some detail, but might not be as much as you want ;) .

Brisbane - Classic
Carlton - Puma
Essendon - UA
Geelong - Cotton On
Hawthorn - Adidas
Melbourne - NB
NM - Canterbury
Richmond - Puma
Sydney - US manufacturer
WB - Asics
That's far too tantalising to leave hanging like that

That's all you're getting for the time being :moustache:. You can review my comments at the end of the year and judge my future intel on that lol

Brisbane - Classic
Carlton - Puma
Essendon - UA
Geelong - Cotton On
Hawthorn - Adidas
Melbourne - NB
NM - Canterbury
Richmond - Puma
Sydney - US manufacturer
WB - Asics
So for us it’s between
Classic, Puma, UA, Cotton On, X Blades, Adidas, NB, Canterbury, Asics

also does this mean the giants are changing too? They are currently with X Blades

Brisbane - Classic
Carlton - Puma
Essendon - UA
Geelong - Cotton On
Hawthorn - Adidas
Melbourne - NB
NM - Canterbury
Richmond - Puma
Sydney - US manufacturer
WB - Asics
My guesses based on this and what has been in the thread previously (got zero info myself so not leaks)

Adelaide - Umbro? (would have said Castore but if it is different to the Eagles then this seems most logical)

Collingwood - Nike

Freo - Under Armour? real stab in the dark

SUNS - Classic

GWS - Puma

Port - Macron

St Kilda - Classic (guessing they will go to the same as GC)

Sydney - Nike

WCE - Castore (feel like if only one of ADE or WC is worthy of the 'premium' manufacturer, its them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only apparel deal that matters is that Nike will be continuing their partnership with the “Perth Boomers” who will be relocating and rebranding for the 2020 NAFL season.

Just a shame Nike couldn’t put the effort in to their AFL products that they do for their NAFL ones.

I'd believe the Swans-Nike tie up. Nike has advertised on ground in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

My guesses based on this and what has been in the thread previously (got zero info myself so not leaks)

Adelaide - Umbro? (would have said Castore but if it is different to the Eagles then this seems most logical)

Collingwood - Nike

Freo - Under Armour? real stab in the dark

SUNS - Classic

GWS - Puma

Port - Macron

St Kilda - Classic (guessing they will go to the same as GC)

Sydney - Nike

WCE - Castore (feel like if only one of ADE or WC is worthy of the 'premium' manufacturer, its them)

I'd be very disappointed with that move. I'm tired of St Kilda dragging their feet with apparel partners. I'd like the club to do something interesting and partner up with a well known (but not too well known) manufacturer, a la North and Canterbury, Melbourne and NB and Footscray and Asics.

I'd be very disappointed with that move. I'm tired of St Kilda dragging their feet with apparel partners. I'd like the club to do something interesting and partner up with a well known (but not too well known) manufacturer, a la North and Canterbury, Melbourne and NB and Footscray and Asics.
As I said I have no clue on any of this, just feel like it is unlikely that multiple manufacturers are open to giving up their logo spot.

Please be Kappa. Something about the thought of your old biddies rocking Fat Pizza couture make me smile.
The apricot slice brigade is is gonna be dressing like eshays. You're going to be sweating when nan asks you for a lighter at the bus stop, waiting for the footy express.

Wonder if Castore's whole premium ideology (if they do come into AFL) will mean focusing on selling less apparel compared to other brands but selling their apparel at much higher costs - more of a margin-based strategy. So whereas ISC sell $120 Crows track jackets, and want to sell at least 20000 of them, Castore will instead sell $250 Crows track jackets but only expect to sell about 10000 of them. Don't see that going down too well with some people, but that could happen?

I for one would spend more money on club attire if they made a range that didn’t have the non apparel sponsors on it.

Was there any sort of reliable info that Castore are looking to enter the AFL market? West Coast would be a fairly likely partner if so I guess. Weird pairing for an AFL club but the potential for some high quality stuff is enormous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back