News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield to swoop in??

No money in it. Hell, there’s no money in supplying Australian Rules guernseys to begin with unless you can hit schools and international teams.

Pretty much all Australian leagues have “buy-ins” of big amounts of cash per year just to be an approved supplier, and even then there’s no guarantee of business, and then teams still want sponsorship to a point where your only place to make money back is on retail sales.

The real money is in social and school sports, especially basketball, netball, hockey and football.

No money in it. Hell, there’s no money in supplying Australian Rules guernseys to begin with unless you can hit schools and international teams.

Pretty much all Australian leagues have “buy-ins” of big amounts of cash per year just to be an approved supplier, and even then there’s no guarantee of business, and then teams still want sponsorship to a point where your only place to make money back is on retail sales.

The real money is in social and school sports, especially basketball, netball, hockey and football.
Just hit the club with a proven turnover of retails?

In all seriousness, it shows why some pump out s**t kid-friendly clash year after year

Hardly surprised if that is true. Mass signing up sporting clubs on huge deals was BLK-esque.

Asics, Under Armour and Majestic would be the companies that I think would pick up some contracts.
- Asics were linked to us before we signed with ISC back in early 2017, rumour even made it to Adelaide radio.
- Under Armour are now partnered with the AFL again like they were back from 2011-2014 or so. And they just signed up Sydney FC, so they do have interest in Australian sport. I remember reading about rumours here of how the Crows were meant to be sponsored by them after Reebok left, but dropped out late, which would explain us getting that abnormally crappy Puma deal that only lasted a couple of years (Puma historically stay on board for a long time with their AFL teams).
- Wasn't there talk of Majestic wanting to build up their AFL portfolio back in 2017 when they signed up the Lions?

Don't forget Classic who supply Penrith and Canterbury in the NRL, I hear they want to supply an AFL team as well. Carlton would be perfect for Classic as their guernseys aren't complicated at all.

If Majestic don't go overboard with the watermarks like they do with the Lions, I'd be happy having them signing a contract with the Swans

Don't forget Classic who supply Penrith and Canterbury in the NRL, I hear they want to supply an AFL team as well. Carlton would be perfect for Classic as their guernseys aren't complicated at all.

If Majestic don't go overboard with the watermarks like they do with the Lions, I'd be happy having them signing a contract with the Swans

Lucev23

I reckon this may be the end of manufacturers signing up 5+ clubs at a time. First BLK (Adelaide, Brisbane, GC, GWS, Richmond & St Kilda), now ISC (Adelaide, Collingwood, Essendon, Freo, Port, Sydney, West Coast). They'll probably want 3 at most now.

I wonder if Cotton On would really be willing to become a league-wide manufacturer considering 2 have gone down in the past 3 years.

I reckon this may be the end of manufacturers signing up 5+ clubs at a time. First BLK (Adelaide, Brisbane, GC, GWS, Richmond & St Kilda), now ISC (Adelaide, Collingwood, Essendon, Freo, Port, Sydney, West Coast). They'll probably want 3 at most now.

I wonder if Cotton On would really be willing to become a league-wide manufacturer considering 2 have gone down in the past 3 years.

Yeah I think 3 would be a good number. I dont think the clubs would want a league wide sponsor tbh, especially the big ones

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha read nothing into it fellas, scouts honour.

Nothing to see now, nor November 1st...
Sounds like something someone who has spilled the beans would say ;)

Even at amateur league level you need to become a 'partner supplier' with the league before you can supply teams with kits.

Even at amateur league level you need to become a 'partner supplier' with the league before you can supply teams with kits.

Yeah, it’s crazy. The company I work for was to do some stuff for a WACFL team including guernseys, but we had to pull out of the guernseys on the order because of the laws in place to become a partner supplier and the insane costs it involves.

Yeah, it’s crazy. The company I work for was to do some stuff for a WACFL team including guernseys, but we had to pull out of the guernseys on the order because of the laws in place to become a partner supplier and the insane costs it involves.

It's pretty much collusion. I honestly don't know how it's allowed.

Isn't a licensing fee standard or have I misread this?
A lot of community sporting leagues will have a list of "approved suppliers", companies that have made a deal with the league.

Clubs have to use them and can't use other manufacturers.

My cricket club got stooged by this rule being brought in, as we had a good relationship over a few years with Gray-Nicholls and then we were suddenly banned from using them, and they weren't even approached by the association as part of the approved supplier process.

I just found these two quotes on the Scandals and Rumours board, in a thread about this very issue:

Not the only Essendon sponser trading in very big trouble....
Not sure about this. My boss is leaving his current job for a role with them and he said the other day they're fancied to take over X-Blades' sponsorship of St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back