News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

carlton are puma now. And they are still iron on rubbish. In fact now our monogram for the first time in our history is also iron on.

When i emailed the club about this accusing them of picking chooser options with merch, they were adamant that both iron on and embroidered costs the same but they just chose iron on cause it “Fits and looks better”. Load of rubbish.

i dont think enough people pass their feedback on to the club because on these forums, everyone hates the iron on kmart style merch we have.

In regards to the monogram on the players jumpers, Puma is deff not iron on like Nike was. Have a look at any of the game day photos.

Rucci confirmed this on sen adelaide, im hoping fila tbh

Yeah its Macron, as fancyscum said. Heard months ago.
Would love Fila to do Crows gear again tho, their guernseys were so beautifully vibrant (polar opposite of BLK lol)..
129918.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never rated ISC. People here praise them for their simple designs and unobtrusive templates which is fair but their silky, ill fitting jumpers look so cheap.
I think ISC prior to 2016 had some decent stuff, but as they started loading on more contracts after that the quality dropped pretty quick. I was just so desperate to get off Star Athletic that I didn't really care who we went with. Nothing will ever beat Adidas for me, which is why it's sad to hear that Pies might be going with Nike next year because it just doesn't feel right.

I think ISC prior to 2016 had some decent stuff, but as they started loading on more contracts after that the quality dropped pretty quick. I was just so desperate to get off Star Athletic that I didn't really care who we went with. Nothing will ever beat Adidas for me, which is why it's sad to hear that Pies might be going with Nike next year because it just doesn't feel right.

Yeah I'd hate to see the Pies end up with the crap the Blues were copping. I feel like they wouldn't let that happen though, always been hands on. Were there Pies Puma rumours around too?

In regards to the monogram on the players jumpers, Puma is deff not iron on like Nike was. Have a look at any of the game day photos.

the current puma one is the first ever printed on monogram in carlton history.

last year was the first ever ironed on by nike.

prior to that it was always embroidered/stitched/raised in someway even with nike. the first style monogram when we went back to the old logo was the best by far. then cost cutting measures kicked in.

but anyway, the point of my post was in reply mainly to merchandise anyway. the guernsey was just a side point.

I have a TON of ISC gear from Souths. I never got the hate for their quality but I can understand the ill-fitting guernseys. Ordered a 3XL(?) Swans guernsey when they won the premiership, compared it to my Rabbitohs kit of equivalent size and year and it was, honestly, about a medium. Returned it and got it replaced free of charge, but it was a pretty colossal utensil-up (the store I bought it from agreed that it was a mislabeled garment).

I have off-field and on-field apparel and I have to say they jerseys with sidepanels were SUPER tight and, honestly, uncomfortable. Their Souths jerseys from the past 2 seasons, with sidepanels but a less structured template, are much more comfortable and forgiving. Their hoodies and merch jackets are comfortable and warm - that said, I have a Western Bulldogs BLK hoodie from 2016 and I have worn it frequently and it's probably my favourite hoodie. Their player style jackets and especially their windbreakers were nothing to write home about - they could even be considered sub-par compared to even a Canterbury/CCC equivalent.

Souths have been with ISC since 2002 (reinstatement into the NRL) and my main concern with them dropping out of the NRL is that another company will screw with our design and colours - ISC have been pretty good for us in terms of keeping our traditional design, even when we were promoting Superman. I've seen lots of companies do jerseys for Rabbitohs-inspired local sides and something ALWAYS looks off to me. They're the only company that have made our kits in the last 3 decades and every other attempt has looked like a caricature.

Not saying they always got it right (wasn't a fan of our 2015-2017 shoulders design and still on the fence about our current set) but when you see something often enough for so long, you get really used to it. The only jersey set I didn't like at all was our 2012 set and that's because the replicas had heat-pressed sponsors instead of printing and the template was really awkward. Their refined 2013-2014 set was much improved and what we won #21 in.

I guess that they have stretched themselves too thin across codes - they have been almost ubiquitous across the footy landscape here and even in English RL - but I'm sad to see them go. I am cautiously hopeful of a big company taking over Souths though, but expect us to go with a cheap option. I've always dreamed of Adidas taking over Souths just for the three stripes but expect us to go with Dynasty or similar. RIP ISC

I had the same problem with different Collingwood jumpers. I had a couple that fitted me fine it ordered an ANZAC Guernsey online one year because they often sold out and it was super tight, ended up returning it and of course they’d sold out of the bigger size already! So even same club, same styles varied from year to year.

Hoping for a return to Puma, pretty much the only gripe I have with the WC re-brand. Also wouldn't mind Adidas.

I've always been curious as to how ISC afforded so many big contracts, they supply some of the biggest clubs in the country.

Don't know why teams go with Nike, quality aside (I've never owned Nike team wear so I can't comment on it) I know retailers have said they're a nightmare to deal with.

A smallish retailer wanted to sell some Broncos jerseys when they were with them, and Nike would only agree if they handed over the financials of the store and their own personal mortgage repayments.

They didn't want their product associated with a floundering business and end up in a bargain bin.

No Maddie’s match purple jumper for the Saints..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure they announced that the Covid shut down stopped them getting PIs out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back