News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said that? Puma has been a long term rumour for Collingwood, but with the netball partner being nike and the Storm20 list from a couple of weeks ago stating collingwood will be with a us supplier (therefore not puma), and now nike being the netball sides partner it looks like a good sign that nike will be the new supplier.

Can see puma picking up atleast one side from the isc lot, and maybe your gold coast/saints contracts.
Its a old joke, years ago the rumour went around every year that Puma were going to pull out

If we are with Nike the quality better be an improvement on what they did for Carlton.
Haha imagine if you got a black jumper with 3 ironed on white stripes

Haha imagine if you got a black jumper with 3 ironed on white stripes
I would bring me to tears lol
But knowing how strong Eddie is on club image, he won't be taking the kind of s**t Carlton put up with all those years. My main objections to Nike are mainly that I prefer Adidas, and that ethically its hard to get excited about a company that sources majority of its labour in sweatshops overseas.

I would bring me to tears lol
But knowing how strong Eddie is on club image, he won't be taking the kind of sh*t Carlton put up with all those years. My main objections to Nike are mainly that I prefer Adidas, and that ethically its hard to get excited about a company that sources majority of its labour in sweatshops overseas.
The Pies can be as strong as they like, Nike will produce the way Nike want to produce unfortunately.

I don't see them coming back to the AFL though, not anytime soon

The Pies can be as strong as they like, Nike will produce the way Nike want to produce unfortunately.

I don't see them coming back to the AFL though, not anytime soon

Collingwood is a money club.

Any manufacturer would likely turn a profit from being the Collingwood manufacturer, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Nike did come back through them.

....I dig the shorter socks on offer now also, lot of the younger crew in club footy wearing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't New Balance had the same template they use for the Dees for that long as well?
Probably the best in the league. Their broader shoulder fit looks much better than ISC which borders on basketball singlet territory.

So I dunno if this deserves it's own thread or not, but given the Swans are with ISC thought it could be vaguely related. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here yet.

Four sporting logos in doubt after Opera House ‘cash grab’

Basically the Sydney Opera House Trust apparently wants to introduce a $50k licensing fee to use the opera house image. The folks at Fox think this could result in the Swans' design changing.

FWIW I don't see that happening, but interesting nonetheless.

So I dunno if this deserves it's own thread or not, but given the Swans are with ISC thought it could be vaguely related. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here yet.

Four sporting logos in doubt after Opera House ‘cash grab’

Basically the Sydney Opera House Trust apparently wants to introduce a $50k licensing fee to use the opera house image. The folks at Fox think this could result in the Swans' design changing.

FWIW I don't see that happening, but interesting nonetheless.

It isn't as simple as this. The issue was with the Sydney Kings who had a $1000 fee between 2010 and 2020. In their renegotiation of the license the fee was upped to $50K which they really couldn't afford in this period of time.

The Swans and Sydney FC have got arrangements already in place (and in the Swans case I am fairly sure the AFL would make sure they could keep the design if the Swans had any issues), and the Sydney Roosters apparently just use it without any permission or license in place.

So I doubt that anything will happen with this.

It isn't as simple as this. The issue was with the Sydney Kings who had a $1000 fee between 2010 and 2020. In their renegotiation of the license the fee was upped to $50K which they really couldn't afford in this period of time.

The Swans and Sydney FC have got arrangements already in place (and in the Swans case I am fairly sure the AFL would make sure they could keep the design if the Swans had any issues), and the Sydney Roosters apparently just use it without any permission or license in place.

So I doubt that anything will happen with this.
Logos for both the afl and nrl clubs are not up for ip renewal until 2026, Sydney fc is 2027 (so would not have an issue for a number of years), sixers have no ip registration. The og article from smh states that the sydney fc logo (the most recent to go through ip registration) has a fee/contra deal in place. I wouldn't be surprised if the football clubs would be similar to the sydney fc deal, and would suggest that a financial deal would be fair (the nbl did mention that the $1000 per annum deal was done as the nbl and Kings were not in a very strong position in 2010.

Worth mentioning anyone maybe partnering with Classic from ISC, and Lions too, will see a new Classic logo (as seen here)
47186bfafa5ac83c2df977d1605fd4d2.jpg

Logos for both the afl and nrl clubs are not up for ip renewal until 2026, Sydney fc is 2027 (so would not have an issue for a number of years), sixers have no ip registration. The og article from smh states that the sydney fc logo (the most recent to go through ip registration) has a fee/contra deal in place. I wouldn't be surprised if the football clubs would be similar to the sydney fc deal, and would suggest that a financial deal would be fair (the nbl did mention that the $1000 per annum deal was done as the nbl and Kings were not in a very strong position in 2010.

I'd say the Opera House might have issue challenging or even trying to get money out of either the Swans or Roosters. The Swans IP as it has existed for so long without any challenge. The Roosters could easily be able to keep their logo as well as they have used it for a while as well, though certainly not as long as the Swans (though they seem to be featuring their old rooster logo a lit so one can hope they revert to that as it is a better logo anyway).

Though I am certainly no expert in IP law.

Lol I never realised the Roosters had the sails in the logo. :drunk:
I’m saying that, I never realised the 6ers did either.

What’s wrong with me?

The iron on sponsors on their white jumpers really show how off their white is.
Maybe it's because they're too thin and the players skin shows through them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back