Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
f3bf69e38692bbe617267046ceb3902c.jpg

- http://theduran.com/isis-al-qaeda-praise-trump-celebrate-us-attack-assad/

- Syria: US launches 60 missiles in strike on airbase near Homs – live

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...live?page=with:block-58e6d13de4b05b487c0dfff6

- ABC reporting "trumps most important move yet"

putys move

- Florida Senator Marco Rubio has also welcomed the strike. In a statement, he said:
salute the bravery and skill of the men and women of our armed forces who conducted this mission. Tonight’s strike against the Assad regime’s Shayrat airbase will hopefully diminish his capacity to commit atrocities against innocent civilians.

By acting decisively against the very facility from which Assad launched his murderous chemical weapons attack, President Trump has made it clear to Assad and those who empower him that the days of committing war crimes with impunity are over.

What must follow is a real and comprehensive strategy to ensure that Assad is no longer a threat to his people and to US security, and that Russia no longer has free rein to support his regime.

Last edited:
  • Banned
My fellow Americans, On Tuesday, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad launched a horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians using a deadly nerve agent.

Assad choked out the lives of innocent men, women and children. It was a slow and brutal death for so many. Even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered in this very barbaric attack.

only 70 but anyway

No child of god should ever suffer such horror.

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Tonight I ordered a targeted military strike on the airfield in Syriafrom where the chemical attack was launched.

It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.

There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the chemical weapons convention, and ignored the urging of the UN security council.

Years of previous attempts at changing Assad’s behaviour have all failed and failed very dramatically.

As a result the refugee crisis continues to deepen and the region continues to destabilise, threatening the United States and its allies.

Tonight I call on all civilised nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria, and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.

We ask for god’s wisdom as we face the challenge of our very troubled world.

We pray for the lives of the wounded and for the souls of those who have passed.

And we hope that as long as America stands for justice that peace and harmony will in the end prevail.

Goodnight and god bless America and the entire world. Thank you.

C786DhyWkAIAzk4.jpg

People's reactions to the bombings in this thread are interesting. It's an interesting development where the US has put humanitarian issues perhaps before American interests. This is not what Trump was about. I'm far from a Trump fan but what Assad did was abbhorent. HAssad is the real idiot in the past week. He had the US, Russia and Iran on his side. And then committed one of the most barbaric acts by a leader we will see this century. The US and Trump were on a hiding to nothing. Will have to wait and see how this pans out before I make a decision on whether or not the response was appropriate or not.

Trumps speech was about how it made him feel, and how it affected his decision. It doesn't make him any less likeable or any less of a narcissist that is for sure.

Trump would not be the man making the decision on this issue alone, n fact I think he's a bit of an idiot re foreign policy and he would have taken a back seat. They would have played the visions ad nauseum of little kids dying, and then the smart folk of foreign policy would have made decisions and come to an agreement of the next course of action.

IS cutting people's heads off probably isn't as bad as what Assad did.

I wonder what this will mean for the bed Trump and Putin have been sharing?

Last edited:
The US military gives those to their children as toys for christmas.

actually, they are scared shitless of Russia AA

Russia's Defense Ministry said that a battery of Russian S-300 air defense missile launchers has been transported to Syria.

lets see whos laughing at the end

57f3cd8fc3618852418b46b3.jpg

Last edited:
PHe had the US, Russia and Iran on his side. And then committed one of the most barbaric acts by a leader we will see this century.

Zero evidence Assad ordered this or that his forces carried it out. Good to know that the United States reserves the right to fire off Tomahawks without a shred of evidence, much as it has waged wars in the past through outright fabrication.

All nations should reserve this right to act like the United States, to make war without evidence. Be a great world, wouldn't it?

Zero evidence Assad ordered this or that his forces carried it out. Good to know that the United States reserves the right to fire off Tomahawks without a shred of evidence, much as it has waged wars in the past through outright fabrication.

All nations should reserve this right to act like the United States, to make war without evidence. Be a great world, wouldn't it?

I haven't followed the events leading up to this that closely but it was all over the news what happened and it's been linked to Assad by all respectable news outlets.

I think Zero evidence is very much wrong considering there must have been a mountain of evidence pointing to Assad considering what was reported by ABC, SBS and other respectable news sources.

I haven't followed the events leading up to this that closely but it was all over the news what happened and it's been linked to Assad by all respectable news outlets.

I think Zero evidence is very much wrong considering there must have been a mountain of evidence pointing to Assad considering what was reported by ABC, SBS and other respectable news sources.
Also, Assad has used chemical weapons before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were conjecture and allegations. These are NOT variations of evidence at all.

Never forget that respectable newsies also covered the United States' devastating evidence in 2003 that Iraq had mobile chemical warfare command units and all manner of shite that justified the war and the subsequent slaughter of over one hundred thousand Iraqis and the dissolution of that nation into a sectarian nightmare.

Also, Assad has used chemical weapons before.

And they were subsequently taken from his forces. Assad had quite literally NOTHING to gain from using chemical weapons. His forces in the region were rolling back the al-Nusra and al-Sham terrorists using conventional warfare - why on earth would he invite destruction on himself with this nonsensical attack?

There were conjecture and allegations. These are NOT variations of evidence at all.

Never forget that respectable newsies also covered the United States' devastating evidence in 2003 that Iraq had mobile chemical warfare command units and all manner of shite that justified the war and the subsequent slaughter of over one hundred thousand Iraqis and the dissolution of that nation into a sectarian nightmare.

Not the ABC or the SBS. This is very different though now. Assad was seen as a much better alternative to IS. Then he actually used chemical weapons. The ABC and SBS are reputable news sources.

Not the ABC or the SBS. This is very different though now. Assad was seen as a much better alternative to IS. Then he actually used chemical weapons. The ABC and SBS are reputable news sources.

yeah bullshit

the bbc reported it was assads weapons 5 mins after the 'chemical weapon attack'

that seems pretty quick without waiting for an invesitgation

They are but this is NOT respectable news. SBS sources a lot of their Syrian coverage from Al-Jazeera, who rabidly cheer on the Syrian opposition in step with the Gulf States and Saudi Arabia's interests in the war.

I can't say 100% that Syrian government forces did not do this, but it is a profoundly illogical move if they did. It makes no military sense. It makes no strategic sense. Nothing was gained by this, and everything lost.

They are but this is NOT respectable news. SBS sources a lot of their Syrian coverage from Al-Jazeera, who rabidly cheer on the Syrian opposition.

I can't say 100% that Syrian government forces did not do this, but it is a profoundly illogical move if they did. It makes no military sense. It makes no strategic sense. Nothing was gained by this, and everything lost.

That's how I saw it too. Stupid by Assad but he probably thought he could do what he wanted with Trump in power. So sad.

That's how I saw it too. Stupid by Assad but he probably thought he could do what he wanted with Trump in power. So sad.

I'll hold onto my doubts for now, all the same. Reports are saying that the U.S warned Russia beforehand, so hopefully the Russians warned the Syrians and it is just buildings and older aircraft that got destroyed.

The chemical strike happened quickly after the Russians had a terrorist attack on their soil.

If those with a similar agenda agreed to get in front of cameras and condemn their mutual enemy over it, who would be able to claim it wasn't him? Everyone now knows it was Assad, yet most of those only know what has been told to them.

Does the nation that just ramped up military spending have something to gain by using that military? No way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back