Current Islamic State attack at Moscow rock concert

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been on the news much over the weekend so only saw the headlines, do we have any idea of motives?
The cynic in me says to f##k s##t up. Geopolitically, probably retaliation for Russia's unwavering support of the Assad regime.

I haven't been on the news much over the weekend so only saw the headlines, do we have any idea of motives?
The Russians have fought ISIS (or any variation thereof) on multiple fronts. Syria the most obvious and recent one, but there are others.

Just read the court appearance article with photos. The Age has it.

One of the terrorists was wheeled in unconscious and I've seen images of another being tortured in the street with electric wires attached to what appears to be his testicles.

disgusted jennifer lawrence GIF

One of the terrorists was wheeled in unconscious and I've seen images of another being tortured in the street with electric wires attached to what appears to be his testicles.

Yeah. Surely if you're gonna do what they did you either die in a shoot out or suicide.

How else are you going to get them to "admit" that the Ukraine was involved somehow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just blows my mind that anybody would do that for $5k. You'd think it would be 10x, 100x that. Unbelievable.
Yes, it is unbelievable. Even here, I have heard of criminal hits being done for < $10,000. Often when you read of folks who engage in treason it's often only modest amounts of money involved, although there are other factors - revenge, ideology and Pussy Galore.

The Russians have fought ISIS (or any variation thereof) on multiple fronts. Syria the most obvious and recent one, but there are others.

ISIS blew up a plane carrying Russians flying over the Sinai back in 2015. This is when ISIS was attempting to establish affiliates in Gaza and was warring with Hamas.

Some believe Hamas had undergone a radical ISIS inspired transformation prior to the Oct 7 attacks, which I agree with, but I'm not sure that indicates ISIS itself managed to get a foot hold in Gaza.

Don't think Gaza would be infiltrated by ISIS under Hamas ....mind you there could be power vacuum after Hamas gets dismantled could be an opportunity for ISIS to fill the void.

Hundreds of Palestinians joined the ISIS caliphate in Syria and Iraq and the affiliate in the Sinai. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Some of the footage is unbelievable and barbaric.

Not the right way to handle criminals at all, but when it comes down to it they deserve everything they’re about to go through and more. And I’m sure the next group of potential terrorists will think twice before committing carnage in Russia.

Some of the footage is unbelievable and barbaric.

Not the right way to handle criminals at all, but when it comes down to it they deserve everything they’re about to go through and more. And I’m sure the next group of potential terrorists will think twice before committing carnage in Russia.

As terrorists in Russia, they have no legal protection whatsoever. They're outside the law. The only reason they're not dead imo, is because showing them so brutalised and obviously tortured, serves a purpose.

This Russian justice is reminiscent of European medieval brutality. Clearly Russia want to send a message to others contemplating similar acts.

Not sure in this case the world will have much sympathy for the tortured (terrorists).

These cowards will probably have acid in jail tea. They’ll be dead in 3mths tops of a ‘heart attack’ or ‘fall’.

This Russian justice is reminiscent of European medieval brutality. Clearly Russia want to send a message to others contemplating similar acts.

Not sure in this case the world will have much sympathy for the tortured (terrorists).

These cowards will probably have acid in jail tea. They’ll be dead in 3mths tops of a ‘heart attack’ or ‘fall’.
RIP - Rest in Purgatory, scum bags.

Definitely not the right way to go about it. Watch ISIS turn these cowards into heroes. This will unfortunately just encourage reprisal attacks by those who won’t bother to hang about for an interrogation.

They’ll be lucky to get out that easily. More likely it’ll be years and years of torture and prison. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end up in Black Dolphin which is notoriously bad. Look at what they are doing to them with the cameras on, just imagine what they are going to cop when they are off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back