Israel Folau - HIGHEST PAID PLAYER in the AFL. What a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

No you didnt think.
Issy decision to publically hate gays is disgusting , just like your support of him. Regardless if it is in a sentence or a meme. There you go I answered your inane question which has no relevance.

Answer this, why is it ok for Issy to vilify homosexuals??? How can this hate be fair comment or justified???

Except you haven't answered my question at all. My question was, if he hadn't posted the meme but just posted the biblical verse alone, would you still see him as being nasty and hateful? Is it the Bible that's nasty and hateful or is it only nasty and hateful when accompanied with the meme/paraphrase?

If you answer those questions, I'll answer yours.

The highest paid and a massive hypocrite as well as being a complete idiot and a jerk.

He and his ilk would have us believe that their faith in a particular sky-god allows them to insult whoever they like based on their sky-god beliefs, whenever and wherever they choose to do so. What monumental filth. To hell with him and the horse he rode in on.

And to think: Prime Minister Scum-Mo is going to bring in laws to protect the rights of this w***er and his cohort to publicly demean and put down those whose beliefs don't coincide with his.

Hey, Scum-Mo, I have just invented my own religion which says that I have the right - nay, the duty - to loot and pillage politicians. Is that OK with you? After all, it's my religion, and my religious rights need to be protected regardless of the harm they might cause to others if I act on them, right?

I would stress if I was you. If you read Daniel and/or revelations you will see that there will soon be a time in which you will be allowed to legally persecute/kill/jail these “hateful types”

The Bible also says that slavery is AOK and that a woman should always obey a man no matter what. So all you sky-god-bashers are good with this? I could cite a whole slew of other insane pronouncements in the Bible if any Folau-supporting morons wish me to.
You can cite many things in which you are contextually clueless about. Who is the sky god by the way?

Except you haven't answered my question at all. My question was, if he hadn't posted the meme but just posted the biblical verse alone, would you still see him as being nasty and hateful? Is it the Bible that's nasty and hateful or is it only nasty and hateful when accompanied with the meme/paraphrase?

If you answer those questions, I'll answer yours.
Even though your question is irrelevant i did answer it, unlike you who keeps evading the elephant in the room.
Is it ok for Issy to vilify homosexuals, this is the discussion!!!
The justification of hate on the basis the bible says so is disgusting and a cowardly out. Issy should have just had the balls to say what he thinks and stand by that but he does not have the character, instead he uses the bible to hide behind.
A true coward with no character.

Even though your question is irrelevant i did answer it, unlike you who keeps evading the elephant in the room.
The justification of hate on the basis the bible says so is disgusting and a cowardly out. Issy should have just had the balls to say what he thinks and stand by that but he does not have the character, instead he uses the bible to hide behind.

703324 So you can read his mind can you? He just hates gays and everyone else on the list. He doesn't see himself as trying to 'save' them from their sin?

Last edited:

WHY do you take Folaus words as vilification, your own version of hell, i'm off there too, but where/what/hell, come again.
This guy is cool with it, are you taking this too personally:

He's not recanted, you seem to suggest he has, got a link?

One things for sure Folau is the most famous footballer in the land these days.

Last edited:
I'll state this first. I'm a-religious, not a fan of organised religion and certainly no fan of ye olde bible. I'm pro gay marriage and gay rights in general. I'm not in favour of hanging people by their necks for saying they don't approve or like gay people. It's their right to disagree and say that gays disgust them. It's free speech and offensive speech is not hate speech. If that offends you, I feel sorry for you. I'd say the same to Folau if someone said all Christians are scum and he was offended.

I'll further state I think Folau is an overrated player: he's inconsistent and has been shut down on many occasions. Not saying he's crap, just saying he's way, way too hyped up. Since the grand days of the Wallabies of old, we've had a sad run of hyping players as the second-coming of Campezi, Eels and the like. He's not that great, at least not as good as everyone says he is. To be fair, it isn't hard to shine in the Wallabies these days.

Lastly, as a kid who was raised by Rhodesian parents, I was given rugby from the get-go. I'm sad to say, the Wallabies and the ARU are the laughing stock of the world. How far do we have to fall before a drastic change happens? Cheika I think is one of the worst coaches for the ages, perhaps after Eddie Jones (who of course is performing wonders for England and was a blight on our team).

I'm a huge advocate of free speech, something we DO NOT have in Australia: not if you want to keep your job, not if you want to keep your reputation in tact. The sad truth is, intent does not matter. Folau should've been smart enough to realise this. The fact is, Australia is ridiculously PC in the public sphere. Not so at certain jobs I've had, or behind closed doors, or among friends. In the media though, everything is squeaky clean these days. You're a multi-million dollar player, representing a national team, surely you'd be bright enough to realise, you're not above reproach. Certainly not these days.

I don't espouse Folau's values. I don't give him a thumbs up for quoting the bible, regardless of his intent. I don't think he meant malice. I know there are lots of offended people, looking for their excuse to witch-hunt someone and call-out / shutdown .. and in our current climate we all know his intent doesn't matter. The torches are lit and he's gone.

We all know Qantas sponsor the Wallabies. That was game-set-match when their CEO has very different ideas. To hush hush that connection is ridiculous. Secondly, Folau is a ******* idiot and the company has the right to sack him. I defend his right to say those things but he's an employee of a company which has a public profile and in no way, shape or form could possibly be seen to back him. He's literally in the ocean without a friend. Can't say I'm sympathetic, but I do think that firing people based on their beliefs is a dangerous precedent: what denotes hate speech? There also seems to be the ever-present danger that firing people for offensive stuff is ok. If that is the case, most of you at some point should have lost your job for something you said. Do we really want to live out 1984?

I'm not mourning his loss, but I do think it raises questions which need to be debated in a civil manner, without torches and without calling out people for their beliefs because you feel offended.

And yet Qantas isn't even RA's biggest source of financial support. The Federal Government is and therefore we are, as Australian taxpayers.

Are you showing basic respect for Israel Folau and the untold numbers of people around the world who share his opinions?
Unless you're a lying scumbag politician (e.g. Scum-Mo), there is no natural/legal requirement that you have to respect a stupid opinion. I respect morons as human beings, but that does not mean I have to respect every idiotic pronouncement that drops out of their gob.

WHY do you take Folaus words as vilification, your own version of hell, i'm off there too, but where/what/hell, come again.
This guy is cool with it, are you taking this too personally:

He's not recanted, you seem to suggest he has, got a link?

One things for sure Folau is the most famous footballer in the land these days.

If that guy isn’t worried about Folau’s actions then it’s not about him.

So you think the demonising of maria Folau is appropriate ?

All she has done is support her husbands right to legal counsel

That’s not hateful or homophobic in the slightest and yet ANZ and Liz Ellis (so there are specific names) have demonised her

You know if the shoe was on the other foot - Liz Ellis would be called a racist for piling on a woman of colour

Couldn't agree more. And isn't it just a trifle hypocritical of the ANZ (who is paying out hundreds of millions of dollars to customers they ripped off as a result of the Banking Royal Commission) to take this bigoted, condemnatory approach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you're a lying scumbag politician (e.g. Scum-Mo), there is no natural/legal requirement that you have to respect a stupid opinion. I respect morons as human beings, but that does not mean I have to respect every idiotic pronouncement that drops out of their gob.
That is how I feel about people like you and the opinions you parrot from your televisions.

Couldn't agree more. And isn't it just a trifle hypocritical of the ANZ (who is paying out hundreds of millions of dollars to customers they ripped off as a result of the Banking Royal Commission) to take this bigoted, condemnatory approach?

they could have pulled their sponsorship but their spinners went down the virtue signalling route.

I don't understand all the angst about this. As far as I know Folau was only pointing out the words of a God most of you don't believe in that say that homosexuals (among a whole range of other sins we can all put our hands up to at least one of, which is kinda the point) will go to a Hell that most of you don't believe in unless they repent.

I don't understand all the angst about this. As far as I know Folau was only pointing out the words of a God most of you don't believe in that say that homosexuals (among a whole range of other sins we can all put our hands up to at least one of, which is kinda the point) will go to a Hell that most of you don't believe in unless they repent.

Repent eh, whats that you ask !!
If you're not into hell, doesnt matter.

Religion gets far too much credit than it deserves. The fact that it needs to be protected speaks volumes.

Religion gets far too much credit than it deserves. The fact that it needs to be protected speaks volumes.
This is right, 2000 years ago humans searched for reasons to who what how and why and supplanted this story to help deal with what they did not understand.

2000 years down the track we know and understand so much that i find incredible that anyone gives any credence at all to this fractured fairy tale. There are so many holes in the story for it to be credible and then for so called people looking to help others to take a literal interpretation and then impose this on others.
The kids of today then have this warped interpretation of a fable shoved down there throat by so called public figures which creates all kinds of issues.

Hey Issy, are all the peodophile priests going to hell????
Hey Issy, are all the church’s officials who protected those peodophiles going to hell???

Why do you ignore these crimes yet vilify homosexuals who did not choose to be the the way they are, pathetic.

2000 years down the track we know and understand so much that i find incredible that anyone gives any credence at all to this fractured fairy tale.

So you know what happens after we die then? Perhaps you'd like to fill us in?

Firstly, homosexuality is not a *wrong* which is what is suggested by calling it a sin when you say this "say that homosexuals (among a whole range of other sins"

Comments by individuals like Folau will impact others who are struggling with the feeling of *not being normal* more so Tongans who would be very aware of his social profile.

This feeling of *not being normal* can and does lead to suicide. So having comments like this put out there and not challenged is just another factor that being attracted to the opposite sex is not normal and can be a factor in an awful decision (not the sole reason).

BS. I've actually read the Bible straight through, which I bet 99% of so-called "Christians" haven't... You can't work out what I mean by "sky-god"? Then you are clearly the clueless one :rolleyes:
Reading yes, understanding no. Where does it talk about a sky god? You are right when you say that too many so called “christians” haven’t read much of it though

Firstly, homosexuality is not a *wrong* which is what is suggested by calling it a sin when you say this "say that homosexuals (among a whole range of other sins"

Christianity, Islam and Judaism all hold that it is wrong. Now, of course that doesn't mean that is actually wrong, but if a Christian is asked what Christianity's position on it is, well that's what you'd expect them to say. They should also say, though, that it IS NOT OUR place to judge who has done wrong, who will go to hell, etc. The Bible, at least the New Testament, is also very clear on that. God alone judges. I think that's where Folau has gone wrong in all this.

Still, if he declared himself a Jew or Muslim and stated the same beliefs, there'd probably still be outrage, but I'd doubt that he would have been sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back