Should Rob Chapman stay?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is a pity our club governance is not set up to allow a pathway for a high profiled person to stand up to Rob Chapman and demand a board challenge. The board I set up for him to stay however long he like and no one can do a thing about it. It would be amazing if this person could build a ticket and take it to a vote.

It is time for this ex banker to ride off into the sun set.

For someone who travels the world looking to bring high profiled investors and investment firms to Adelaide to invest in South Australia to help build our economy, he didn’t bring all that much to the club before the Adelaide Oval build and from all amounts the club was dead set against us moving.

Rob Chapman is holding the club back from truly reaching it’s limits and challenging the big 4 Victorian clubs. He hound go and we get a new chairman this guy is a massive flog and time for him to * off.

Forget Burton and Hass, this man is the absolute root of all the problems at our club.

If both he and Trigg can keep their jobs after costing us two years of picks, fines and suspensions, what hope do we have of those under him being held to account.

A full clean out of the board with the possible exception of those who have joined recently is required too.

It is a pity our club governance is not set up to allow a pathway for a high profiled person to stand up to Rob Chapman and demand a board challenge. The board I set up for him to stay however long he like and no one can do a thing about it. It would be amazing if this person could build a ticket and take it to a vote.

For someone who travels the world looking to bring high profiled investors and investment firms to Adelaide to invest in South Australia to help build our economy, he didn’t bring all that much to the club before the Adelaide Oval build and from all amounts the club was dead set against us moving.

Rob Chapman is holding the club back from truly reaching it’s limits and challenging the big 4 Victorian clubs. He hound go and we get a new chairman this guy is a massive flog and time for him to **** off.

He's a spineless weasel.

Rob Chapman is holding the club back from truly reaching it’s limits and challenging the big 4 Victorian clubs. He hound go and we get a new chairman this guy is a massive flog and time for him to **** off.

On the board system, I've posted a number of times how incredibly disappointing it was that the worst board in our history were granted the gift of self re-election without any oversight whatsoever.

Wow, why don't we all just go out and burn the club down while we are at it.
if we moved on everyone we want, there will be nobody left to run the club.
Anyone would think we are a financial wreck and our football department is at Carlton levels

My view is Chapman will move on midway thru 2019 when his terms ups. He may have handed over earlier but unfortunate events may have put a damper on that.
The new Chairman is most likely still finding there footing. and my tip is it will not be M Ricciuto
But Mark Ricciuto will be made a non-member elect as mention last year, to make way for a Member-elect to come from the members not a fan favorite.

At this time it would be stupid to move him on him unless of course, you expect the club to crap both in football terms and financially in 2019 which it will not be.
The Club is Financially sound and improving, Football-wise it a different story. but again it only 1 year previous to that, we were good enough to make a Grand Final and be the best team all year for 2017 home and away we lost 1 final albeit the most important one. .
Still, the club needs to look at itself and find a way to improve greatly on our 2018 performance, But I don't believe moving Chapman is the answer.

He's a spineless weasel.
There is just NO NEED for this s**t. I don’t care if you want him sacked for incompetence, or just because it’s time, but THIS type of insult is childish and uncalled for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe he was planning on moving, don't know if events this year has changed his plans.
only going on a conversation last year.

Conversation with who?

There is just NO NEED for this s**t. I don’t care if you want him sacked for incompetence, or just because it’s time, but THIS type of insult is childish and uncalled for.

Meh.

He hasn’t made hard decisions, he hasn’t made good decisions - and he’s misled supporters during the Tippett issue, as well as the Essendon sanctions.

Jesus Christ, how many sack [insert player/coach/board member here] thread do we need?

Collingwood turned over 29 footy ops staff last year. Richmond a similar number the year before...

So maybe 20 threads?

Isn’t it just an (uncharitable) description of his leadership style?

I didn’t see Teflon Rob at that silly press conference about Collective Minds; he made sure the boots in the ground were the face of failure.

Conversation with who?

Meh.

He hasn’t made hard decisions, he hasn’t made good decisions - and he’s misled supporters during the Tippett issue, as well as the Essendon sanctions.

Collingwood turned over 29 footy ops staff last year. Richmond a similar number the year before...

So maybe 20 threads?
You missed my point entirely. Why can’t you people be adults? This constant insult hurling is ridiculous. No wonder nobody at the club takes notice.

Collingwood had 29 footy ops staff to turn over? Jesus. Their AFL tax must be enormous.

Isn’t it just an (uncharitable) description of his leadership style?

I didn’t see Teflon Rob at that silly press conference about Collective Minds; he made sure the boots in the ground were the face of failure.

To the point he got asked about it at the Adelaide Airport presser, as he’d gone completely to ground.

You missed my point entirely. Why can’t you people be adults? This constant insult hurling is ridiculous. No wonder nobody at the club takes notice.

Collingwood had 29 footy ops staff to turn over? Jesus. Their AFL tax must be enormous.
And yet they have a crack at a flag. Must suck to be them.

Seriously this attitude about making money over winning is the root of all our problems.

Thought the poll was asking ‘should Chapman **** off?’, hence the yes response. He should and quickly; vanilla, plain, boring, banking, inoffensive, overconfident, underperforming executive with zero personality and limited ambitions for this club. The fact we talk of ourselves as a mid-tier club should be a dagger to his heart. With all the advantages we have, anything less than being a powerhouse is an abject failure on his reign and should have meant him falling on his sword... but this is adelaide so carry on rob you glorious leader. We act like a club run by a bean counter, we are a non for profit organisation who’s one and only goal is to win premierships. The fish rots from the head.

Bullshit, the board chose self-preservation ahead of losing only 1 year of draft picks and this spineless weasel was the leader of that board. He's done significant damage to the AFC and should have sacked Trigg and borne the consequences of his own making. He can GAGF as far as I'm concerned and it's an absolute disaster that this peanut isn't accountable to anyone other than his own incompetent, hand picked board members.

What would you like us to do?

September 2017, I sent Andrew Fagan an E Mail about different aspects that disappointed me about the game day experience. He fobbed me off to Nigel Smart. During this conversation, Nigel assured me my issues would be looked at and fixed for the 2018 season.

Come round 1 the same problems were still occurring and no changes were made. As of last Sunday, the same isues had not been fixed. Its literally painful to go to games.

I have spoken to Andrew Fagan about this, he put me onto Nigel Smart, Nigel Smart basically fobbed me off to members services and then spoke to Justin and Erin about fixing my problem. Nothing was done. I’ve learnt to live with it and jut accept threy really don’t care.

I’ve followed the correct process. Spoken to the appropriate people and shown plenty of patience. What else would you like me to do?

Whether we have 1 member of 100,000 members, every member should me made toi feel as if they are the most important member the club has. Under Rob Chapman leadership, unless you are a Captain Of Industry with an eight figure income, they don’t care about you. You are just a number to the club.

I’m actually ready to just watch games on TV with my foxtel subscription.

Back