It’s Flea time - Cody Weightman appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't been following the draft hard this year, anyone can point to a good objective analysis on him?

Seems like a safe use of a high draft pick. I like that.

There's very limited footage available of him but I noticed that one of his goals was a well executed snap on his left - he is a right footer - that's a positive in the skills department. He appears to go in hard, clean handler, has a bit of pace and agility and can take a contested mark above his head, which is a nice secret weapon for a player of his size.

Seems like a safe use of a high draft pick. I like that.

There's very limited footage available of him but I noticed that one of his goals was a well executed snap on his left - he is a right footer - that's a positive in the skills department. He appears to go in hard, clean handler, has a bit of pace and agility and can take a contested mark above his head, which is a nice secret weapon for a player of his size.

He has a great leap.

looks like he has a lot of x factor about him. Seems pretty solid for a small forward too maybe he can make an impact next year we know Bevo doesnt fear playing 1st year players in key roles

Yep, does not look under developed at all. Could be quite powerfully built by the time he's 24 or thereabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lot of great pressure acts in this package, exciting!

Not sure why the concern about tackles. Maybe his tackle stats didn't look good but if the highlights package is any guide (a big IF admittedly) then he certainly applies heaps of defensive pressure.

Not sure why the concern about tackles. Maybe his tackle stats didn't look good but if the highlights package is any guide (a big IF admittedly) then he certainly applies heaps of defensive pressure.

In the footage, he looks like he is enjoying himself when he's throwing himself around in the tackles and the like.

Out of all the possible picks we could've made he is the one I think will have the biggest immediate impact especially given he plays an area we really lack. May not have as high of a ceiling as others but also nothing wrong with taking a safe pick

He seems genuinely happy to get to the Bulldogs, seemed to indicate he expected to get to us yesterday in an interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back