Universal Love It’s the time to count our blessings....

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not fond of Christmas, though if I had children I would have more incentive to enjoy it. But I will make my annual pilgrimage to my salt of the earth cousin's place whose wife has a shed full of Christmas decorations and cooks a full on xmas meal with 4 meats and a variety of veggies. Last year I counted 17 Christmas trees of various forms and sizes, with every room festooned with cuddly toys decked in Christmas hats and costumes and decorations and lights competing for space on the ceiling and walls. Phil works at Bunnings on a modest wage and his wife has always been a stay at home mum, now grandma, both of them with hearts of gold and the kind of resilience to the trials and tribulations of life that I can only dream of emulating.

Unfortunately, that side of the family are all Carlton supporters. Nevertheless,they exude the true spirit of Christmas and l drive home feeling I have spent the day with a group of people who genuinely care about each other. Otherwise, I rarely see any of them in between xmas day. It's kind of sad but better than losing contact altogether and I have no direct family with whom to enjoy the day.

But I do wish everyone here a merry xmas and a happy festive season, even those posters with whom I have fallen out this year. BF is a strange world in which relationships ebb and flow with the years and the ups and downs of the club and its players. Hopefully some of the issues which have divided us sort themselves out between now and the start of the AFL season.
Bit late but HNY GG

I've counted our premierships and checked them twice
Two cheaters were naughty, they're not very nice
But here comes the club that's always been King
And old Dolly's gargling on sixteenth flag gin

That song is so addictive

Last edited:
Merry Xmas, Happy New Year & safe holiday period to all of the BF Magpies.:beercheers:

Cherish the time with your families & especially the little ones.

All I want for Xmas is a victory in Supercoach against Raveneyes next season, I mean FFS it's getting ridiculous! :mad:

Floreat Pica.

1579607811145.png

Found this gem while searching for Supercoach threads. Unfortunately for you, Santa's powers are not strong enough to help you.
Perhaps move the "n" from Santa to the end of the word, and you could sell your soul instead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back