Movie IT Chapter 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the old one better than the original. Doesn't look that good at all, the music sounds cool and hypes it up.

Nonetheless, it's It. How can I not see.......it.

My local cinema is showing 1 and 2 back to back. Will go see next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it this afternoon. It has been getting mixed reviews on IMDB. I'm in the camp of those who liked it. I can see what the people who are giving it bad reviews are saying but to me they are minor criticisms or not valid criticisms. Some people are saying the characters aren't developed. Which is true if you see the movie as a sequel to the first. But it's not. It's a continuation of the story. The characters were developed in the first movie. My major criticism is that:

The side story of Henry Bowers seemed really pointless. He added nothing to the story.

But overall I thought it was really well done. There were a few moments that I had actual chills down my spine. 8/10

I thought it was decent but the first movie is definitely better.

- Agree that the Henry Bowers plot is a pointless distraction.
- The humour can be quite jarring. In the first movie it felt natural coming from the kids. This time around it felt a bit out of place at times.
- The child actors are simply much more likeable than the adult versions.
- Same over reliance on bad CGI in a few parts.

I like it, but a few comments:

- This movie is loooooooonnnnngggg. Way too long. I watched the 9:15 session, didnt get out until nearly 12:30am. For the first time ever I actually fell asleep in a cinema. First half of the movie is great. Second half drags on far too much.

- Its a jump scare fest. Must be more jump scares in this movie than every other horror flick combined. Every 2 minutes its a jump scare. You know its coming. But they still get you.

- I thought the time where I was genuinely freaked out by a horror flick was long gone, but well done to them, there were quite a few parts which were genuinely frightening, which was good.

It seemed a bit disjointed. Not sure the movie worked as a whole overall, but I enjoyed a lot of it.

Saw it today. One hour too long at very least. Came to be torture sitting in the cinema. Was numb after the 23rd jump scare. First hour really good though and the casting was perfection

Just got back from seeing it a couple of hours ago, not a whole lot to recommend it, repetitive, poor CGI, nowhere enough of Pennywise and FAR too long, could have shortened it by about .............. well about two hours and forty nine minutes actually.

Loved the first movie, but this one was very poor IMO.

The first hour was great, and set up perfectly to be scary, but all the scariest scenes were in the first half of the movie and I felt completely desensitised to any scare factor as a result. I remember being rattled coming out of the cinema after the first, but kind of worn down and bored after this one.

Great casting of Bill Hader, but his comic relief was too much, and broke necessary tension too often.

Far too much exposure to IT in general, which also wrecked the last half of the movie, and also compromised the scare factor having him run around on screen for 20 minutes

Lame scripting - felt too touchy feely in parts, but deferential during periods you’d think there would be more emotion. The end scene when they defeat IT, but their friend (can’t recall their name) dies.

That montage where IT attacks them one by one was great, and probably the best half-hour of the film

Remove this Banner Ad

Back