It is 3pm, Dec 31st - HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy new year. Welcome to a new decade or the end of the old one depending how you count these things.

Go Port!

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Been to too many funerals this yr(4) one a tragic suicide so New Years to me is all about celebrating being upright n breathing.

To all on Big Footy thanks for the laughs the insights and the chance to debrief the highs n lows of 2019.

Watched our crushing showdown win in July yesterday. Highly recommend.

GremioPower all the best to you and your family and cheers for your input on our boards :)

Last edited:

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Been to too many funerals this yr(4) one a tragic suicide so New Years to me is all about celebrating being upright n breathing.

To all on Big Footy thanks for the laughs the insights and the chance to debrief the highs n lows of 2019.

Watched our crushing showdown win in July yesterday. Highly recommend.

GremioPower all the best to you and your family and cheers for your input on our boards :)
All the best to you Byrons Firen and all your family and loved ones. The same goes for everyone else of course, Port fans and everybody else.

I hope that you keep strong Byrons Firen and always remember brother, you are as important as everyone else - let's not fall for the s**t that supremacists and other assorted arse holes peddle - be strong!

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
All the best to you Byrons Firen and all your family and loved ones. The same goes for everyone else of course, Port fans and everybody else.

I hope that you keep strong Byrons Firen and always remember brother, you are as important as everyone else - let's not fall for the s**t that supremacists and other assorted arse holes peddle - be strong!
Thanks and obviously to you and those you hold dear. Good to see you posting again was wondering if your passion

for all things Ports of yesteryear was weighing heavily considering how much we've changed in the last 10yrs.

Losing our zones and Academy team as well as having our creed and history milked and then trashed then milked again

at saturation levels to bolster flagging memberships.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Thanks and obviously to you and those you hold dear. Good to see you posting again was wondering if your passion

for all things Ports of yesteryear was weighing heavily considering how much we've changed in the last 10yrs.

Losing our zones and Academy team as well as having our creed and history milked and then trashed then milked again

at saturation levels to bolster flagging memberships.
Thanks brother for your kind thoughts.

I am disillusioned with losing our zones and hence, our life blood but how can I stop being Port Adelaide? I thought I'd better to bite my tongue as much as possible because the damage has been done now and I don't want to cause more grief, especially now that it's our 150th.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Thanks brother for your kind thoughts.

I am disillusioned with losing our zones and hence, our life blood but how can I stop being Port Adelaide? I thought I'd better to bite my tongue as much as possible because the damage has been done now and I don't want to cause more grief, especially now that it's our 150th.
Me too but it aint easy.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
To be honest, we are still so much better off than those on the south coast (including friends we know are affected that we can't reach). Hoping we can stay fire-free across the weekend.

Couple of cyclones forming in WA and NT next week apparently, hopefully a lot of moisture finds it's way south.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Happy Halloween............bugger. Got my dates mixed up!

Totally unrelated and off-topic, but does anyone know when the Adelaide Footy League fixtures come out.?
#1 son affiliated with Modbury (used to play, now runs the water).
Trying to figure out which games of his I can get to see, and not miss any Port ones i had pencilled in to attend.
Most country leagues already have their fixtures establiished, so not sure why the ammos are so far behind everyone else.
Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I got this personalised ad today. How the hell did they know???

Image 8.jpg

I got this personalised ad today. How the hell did they know???

View attachment 847289

Interesting little factoid I learnt the other day, with the AMCAP safety ratings, check the year - the criteria change from year to year so a 5-star rating from say 2015 isn’t equivalent to a 5-stay rating from 2019.

MG has a rating from 2019, this is ideal.

Back